May 07, 2024, 06:37:30 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Dyna Beads

Started by fergy1940, April 06, 2009, 03:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fergy1940

Can you put them with the wheel on the bike or must it be off for some reason Ive never used them so I don't know thanks.
Fergy
I'm bored.

truck

You can put them in with the wheel mounted on the bike.
You pour them in through the valve stem while taping the valve stem to keep them moving.
Next time I use them I will try using my electric engraver to vibrate the valve stem to keep them moving.
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

sandrooney

the engraver works great.
Patience is such a waste of time .

1JITSU1

Do you know how much to put in

truck

1711tab

There a great product and very easy to use... Balancing 24 / 7...
"KOC" - HYPERFORMANCE & R&R CYCLES R&D TC 131"

INNOVATORS NOT IMITATORS

mc9395

Hey use a big cajun injector, the bigger the faster.Make sure to clean the seat before installing the valve or it might not seat good. Works great and should be able to find at any vet. supply or farmers co-op. Good luck from down in bayou country.

specialx1

injector sounds like worth tryin!
it's only kinky the first time

Mi_RDGlide

The slower the better when putting them in, I just tap the bottle with my finger, it took me about 10 minutes a tire.
You only need to be 10% smarter than the thing your working on.

truck

Quote from: mc9395 on April 06, 2009, 07:18:17 PM
Hey use a big cajun injector, the bigger the faster.Make sure to clean the seat before installing the valve or it might not seat good. Works great and should be able to find at any vet. supply or farmers co-op. Good luck from down in bayou country.

What is this cajun injector thing?

FSG

What is this cajun injector thing?

a big syringe

mc9395

Sir Garfield done been to cagun land no?
Go to the old 3-dcycle.com and click on the fried turkey link and and it will give you a good idea

FSG

Quote from: mc9395 on April 06, 2009, 07:44:06 PM
Sir Garfield done been to cagun land no?
Go to the old 3-dcycle.com and click on the fried turkey link and and it will give you a good idea

Yep, as Oil Field Trash I worked in and out of the GOM, New Iberia, Morgan City (Ohhh the girls), New Orleans, Fuchon, the Missippi (sp  :emsad:  ) Delta, all good times, good food and shine. 

Memories of a misspent youth.   :wink:

V24me

If mounting up a new tire, do you just pour the beads in the tire and mount up?

Any reason you can't do one wheel?
ALL THAT'S NECCESARY FOR THE TRIUMPH OF EVIL IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING!

FSG

If mounting up a new tire, do you just pour the beads in the tire and mount up?

:up:

Any reason you can't do one wheel?

I use beads front & rear but there's no reason you cant just do one wheel.

V24me

Thanks FSG.  If you do it while mounting tire, can you use any valve stem?
ALL THAT'S NECCESARY FOR THE TRIUMPH OF EVIL IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING!

gryphon

So seriously. Do these things actually work.

ThumperDeuce

I hope so.  I am going to try them next week.  I keep throwing off the tape weights.
Idiots are fun, no wonder every village wants one.

FSG

I use stock valve stems, just inflate/deflate with the valves above the horizontal i.e. before the 3 o'clock and after the 9 o'clock position while the beads are at the 6 o'clock position.

CraigArizona85248

Quote from: gryphon on April 06, 2009, 08:11:53 PM

Yep... as long as there isn't anything inside the tire preventing the beads from spreading out easily.  I think someone here reported a problem using tires that were ribbed on the inside.  The ribs kept the beads from moving to a balanced position.

-Craig

Phu Cat

This is really interesting to me.  There was a similar product 25 years ago that was liquid and claimed to do the same thing.  So........How do these beads know where the light spot is?

PC
Too much horsepower is almost enough.

ripp13

Are they available  in Brisbane Australia ......or do I have to get them sent over from the USA
Custom 1986 FXR Lowrider

FSG

Quote from: ripp13 on April 07, 2009, 01:45:34 AM
Are they available  in Brisbane Australia ......or do I have to get them sent over from the USA

Not that I know of, I brought over a large bag for my own use quite a while ago. I've done 2 fronts, 3 rears, a couple of friends fronts and last year sent the lot to Charlie in Darwin so he could do his tourer.

I'm in Aspley, if your down this way bell me on 0417 344 524

timetraveler

Quote from: CraigArizona85248 on April 06, 2009, 09:42:43 PM
Quote from: gryphon on April 06, 2009, 08:11:53 PM

Yep... as long as there isn't anything inside the tire preventing the beads from spreading out easily.  I think someone here reported a problem using tires that were ribbed on the inside.  The ribs kept the beads from moving to a balanced position.

-Craig

Craig, have you ever tried them with a inner tube?

bikerdude57tx

Im running them in my bike tire and they are tube tires. Never will go back to regular weights agian.