May 09, 2024, 04:40:23 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

HP/TQ gains from installing ported heads on a stage 1 stock cam 96 ci engine ?

Started by strokerjlk, January 20, 2016, 07:14:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

No Cents

08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

IronMike113

2 Bikes and 2 Beemers, that's what I have been told 😳

prodrag1320

kd

KD

IronMike113

2 Bikes and 2 Beemers, that's what I have been told 😳

jurgie

BVBOB BUILT 107 WHY WALTZ WHEN YOU CAN ROCK N ROLL

1workinman

I have been watching this thread and I have never seen a 96inch engine run any where close to this . I have one I still think my jetta is faster lol , just not as cool.  Dons heads are very good . Jim seems to be able to get ever last bit out of the engine .  I was think 87 hp and 103 torque  .  With a bump in compression and a camshaft that supports it . I like a lot of compression as a good tuner like Jim could make it shine

BVHOG

86/102   How about trying a set of 103 HO cams next? I think I have a couple sets laying here you can have. I am more interested in seeing the torque curve change than peak numbers
If you don't have a sense of humor you probably have no sense at all.

Breeze

I'm starting to believe my body is gonna outlast my mind.

1FSTRK

Quote from: strokerjlk on January 20, 2016, 10:11:05 AM
Quote from: UltraNutZ on January 20, 2016, 07:48:37 AM
with those heads, the lack luster performance of a true dual on an otherwise stock bike, but the added improvement with the old style 3.5 mufflers..

I'll go 88/109
Curious what lack luster performance you are talking about ?
This happens to be my best stage 1 96 ci I have ever tuned .
2 nd best is also a set of RH/TD's on a 2007 road king .
Round up all the stage 1 96 dyno sheets you can . Show me how many 97 tq you find .

Jim this is the best stage 1 96" I can remember seeing, I looked through my notes and the HP is in the neighborhood of the others but it still has them beat. The torque on the other hand is 5 over the best I have seen anywhere and the TD pipes sure did not hurt it. I will wait for the new CCP to see how it compares to what it had for the base line run and then make my calculations on the new numbers. I know what I have seen for gains per CI in tests like this in the past.
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

Durwood

Valley

ultra200922

You only live once, but if you do it right once is enough.

strokerjlk

QuoteI will wait for the new CCP to see how it compares to what it had for the base line run and then make my calculations on the new numbers. I know what I have seen for gains per CI in tests like this in the past.
checked it twice 178/193
will charge overnight and try again

A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory

Black Diamond

98fxstc

glens

98fxstc

Quote from: glens on January 20, 2016, 11:56:52 PM
The bike's battery.

I know ccp will be down with a soft battery
but post gives the impression a similar difference was obtained both times