May 07, 2024, 07:23:46 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

ot: save a few dollars

Started by greenshovel0014, April 06, 2009, 05:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenshovel0014

If you or wife are doing spring cleaning, take a few miniutes and pull the fridge away from the wall and clean that condenser. I found 2 inches of dust on mine. A dirty condenser raises head pressure on your refidge compressor and costs bux. compressed air works good on squirrel cage type with a fan inside. a wet rag is fine for old radiator type. I should do it more often but easy to forget.

tinkerman

Yup,

Good Heads Up greenshovel...another one I picked up from running some fairly big remote camps is to pull out the clothes dryer, vacumn behind it and pull off any access panels and clean the dust out of the appliance enclosure itself as well as the exhaust hose. Sounds like a lot of work but it's really not all that bad and I can assure you that fine lint is a huge fire hazard right next to a hot appliance.

Just my .02,

Tinkerman
Living on a rock out in the North Atlantic, HTT member since 8/1/2003

HenryJ

Here's a tip for your dryer.  Get rid of that corrogated flex tube on the exhaust and replace it with hard sheet metal vent pipe.  It flows air much better, will shorten drying time and lint won't stick to it.   Especially if you are running more than a few feet.  There is a huge difference between corrigated and sheemetal in corners and bends.

Phu Cat

Wish I'd have thought of that before I had the basement finished!

PC
Too much horsepower is almost enough.

Babygirl73

Babygirl AKA Gin

Mickster

also, if you live in the country and your greywater goes to a drainfield, clothes fibers are your biggest problem.
We have a sort of filter that goes over the discharge of the washer..
Change it monthly...
Amazing how much of your bluejeans and shorts are washing down the drain
Mickster