April 30, 2024, 05:12:46 PM

News:

It's registered and ready to roll!

Started by easyricer, April 06, 2009, 08:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

easyricer

Been running crazy and bustin my rump today. I started the day tryin to get the bike registered. Didn't expect it to cost as much as it did. Then I ran over to mount the new rear tire, get the front brakes working and wire in the new bars.
I broke two throttle cables hookin up the internal throttle. They were old and I guess ready to go. I did manage to get one in there but I'll replace it with a new one at the first chance. The one I got on there now was frayed at both ends, took some fighting to get it in and working. Then I fought with the rear tire. Damn them 402's are a pain to do by hand! After I got all that done I tigged up my leaks on the tanks. (talk about welding tin cans!) I didn't expect them to be so thin in the front corners.
After all that then I painted my front fender and mounted the fender light.
I didn't get a single pic today, but I'll get some tomorrow when I go to pick it up.
EASY
Just ride the damned thing!

76shuvlinoff

That was a damn quick turn-around (probably didn't seem like it to you huh?) Congrats!
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

pappyfreebird

well i be sittun here waitun on them pix,,the rezerection n the trip ,,to be continued heyhuh,,that reminds me ,,i have a few throttle cables here,,all shorter ones (stock type cables) mmm should dig them out n sell em up

Jusbo48

I was thinking of running my throttle cable through the bars since the holes are already there but am worried about a binding problem since the cable is so stiff.

easyricer

Well maiden voyage was good! I found out pretty fast that the right side tank was still weeping fuel somewhee around the front lower mount. I'll take care of that later. No big deal. I sealed the tank off and rode home on the left side tank.
It coughed and sputtered a few times on the way into town but quit that pretty quick. I might not have let her warm up enough before leaving. after the first 7 miles into town I felt the rear break start to drag. Since I only had about 1/2 mile left to go I pushed on to the house. When I pulled into the yard My sister in law who was following me, told me that the break light kept coming on. I adjusted the break pedal and that fixed that. The front break caliper was frozen, but it cleared itself up with a bit of riding. The ride to the gas station to top off the left tank went good. Was very fun and relaxing. Then off to the shop! I felt like the king of the hill! THAT IS WHAT I WAS WANTING FOR! It's perfect!
All morning long it started either on one or two kicks. This evening it started every time first kick. After a few miles out by the airport I heard a click while I was shifting. The bike jerked when I shifted so I pretty well knew the clutch just went out. I floated the gears all the way home and when I pulled into the drive way found nuetral pretty easy so i parked almost like normal!
After a quick check found that the throw out finger snapped. Ow well! I got another no big deal. MAIDEN VOYAGE WAS GOOD!
I love this bike!

EASY

oldhippie765

sweet lookin ride. how do you like the suicide setup? my first was a 52 pan with that. cool!

easyricer

I stopped by and talked with my pinstriper today on the way home. He's gonna sketch up a few ideas for some nice lines on it.  I told him pink and baby blue are the colors I'm thinking about with the flat black. My long fishtails came in today too so I'll have to dig out my muffler support brackets and some p-clamps. Even with the clutch finger breaking I think it was a great day riding it. The rocker clutch is probably out of adjustment and that's why it broke. I'll see about adjusting it better after I get the finger replaced. It might have been pulling too hard or to far so I gotta let the rod out a bit. I gotta rock it back about 3 inches before the bike starts pulling. Any of you guys who has the adjustment procedure in writing ring in at any time so I got a better idea what I'm doin.
I love the tank shifter and the rocker clutch. MUCH better than the old suicide set up I had on one of my old chops years ago. At least I don't have to find neutral every time I come to a stop, or hold my foot on it at all times.
I'm gonna drop the buddy seat off to get redone some time next week, I already got a few of the girls buggin for a ride on her.
I need a few ideas for the tank badges or script, maybe ya'll can help with that too.
Now I gotta needle the girls to finding a name for the old gal. This one is a keeper for sure!
Stay tuned more to come!
EASY

HDdude5

Pink and Baby blue on flat black is a killer combo.
Ask the striper to run a line of "Hot Pink" (he can wipe it off if you don't like it). Hot Pink really lights up on flat black.

Scooter looks great!

pappyfreebird

n the love story continues...sounds fuggan groovy ta me there easy...dont chya jus love it...thinkin yer spot on wid that fork,,,but ain no help wid adjusment,,,althou they do snap now n then theys 20-30 yrs ol n pulled a ton a weight so ta speak...dig watchin it come tagethar,,n that feelin ya felt i rekon i feel it too..woot woot wooot  fer us freezvilles that ain in the wind yet it wont be long,,,had a few short putts...ain evin had my true sled wid new paint out yet...gtiiun labeld the garage queen awready too.