May 02, 2024, 02:41:50 AM

News:

OT: Subaru techs

Started by sedgar2, April 07, 2009, 08:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sedgar2

Buddy's wife's 2003 Forester blower motor inop. Looked at this weekend (no tools not even test light) found burnt wire at blower motor connector. Connector wouldn't pull out (suspect got warm and melted, no visual damage). Another buddy has shop with Alldata system, unable to find anything resembling a wiring diagram. You Subaru guys got any insight as to what this may be? Resistor, switch Etc? Subaru is coming to home shop on Friday and I' m just looking for some guidance, Thanks for reading this, Steve

IBARider

Sounds like you have the problem in sight.  The burnt/melted connections are typically caused by a bad connection at that point.  I see it a lot on all makes/models.  fix the connection by splicing in a 'pigtal' connector if available from dealer.  Or, what I do... a common blade connector quite often fits onto the blower connection.  Just use those and make sure they're tight.

And I have had to cut off the melted connector with whatever... dykes, razor, whatever you can while saving the blower connector...

I had no prob finding diagram on alldata... in fact, that's bout all I use it for......

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]
It slid 112 feet and I had no road rash

sedgar2

Thanks for the quick reply and page from Alldata. Saw the abbreviations but thought I should be able to navigate to an electrical diagram fairly simply, thanks again. This resource has never left me hanging!