May 07, 2024, 01:26:44 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

How to pack for the road....

Started by Big Dan, April 07, 2009, 09:18:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Dan

April 07, 2009, 09:18:35 AM Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 09:27:35 AM by Big Dan
We're headed down to Clarksdale Mississippi for The Jukejoint Festival in a couple of weeks. A friend of mine has been riding for quite a while, but never done any real long trips. He just bought his first touring rig and he and his new bride wish to start doing some road-trippin' with us. So, I sent him an email with some "packing pointers." This got me to thinking, there must be a hundred things I never thought of, and it might make for some good discussion.

Here's what I sent him:

1. It is not humanly possible to under pack for a trip. Less is more. There's a Wal-Mart in every town in America, and we all have credit cards. If you can possibly live without something for these few short days, leave it at home.

2. Ya really don't need much in the way of clothing. Wear your most comfortable stuff for the ride, and wear it both days there and both days home. You'll be on the bike. Nobody's gonna notice you wearing the same funky jeans on the way home. You'll only really need 1 or 2 pair of jeans other than what you ride in. Let me revise this a little. I'll wear a pair of jeans and a shirt for both days on the road down there. When we arrive, I'll shower and change. I'll wear those fresh jeans Friday night and all day Saturday. I may or may not put on fresh ones for Sunday. Depends how they are. Like I said, we'll be on the bike headin' home, so I don't have to be pretty. Do NOT bring a lot of T-shirts. You're sure to buy a few on the trip for souvenirs. No need in packing 6 shirts, buying 10 more, and having to pack all that crap home. Bring the bare minimum... or better yet, bring less and wear the new ones later in the trip.

3. Toiletries: If you don't need your own special brand of shampoo or whatever, don't bring any. Use the stuff in the motels. If you have to have a certain kind of something, see can you buy a "travel" size of it. If you can't buy it in "travel" size, make your own. Patti's "woman bag" for a 2 week trip is smaller than the Evel Kenievel lunchbox I carried to school in the 4th grade. This is a HUGE bonus. Full-sized bottles of shampoo, conditioner, etc., eat up a LOT of space in a hurry and they also get heavy in a hurry. Smaller is better.

4. When you load the bike, heavy stuff goes down low in the bags. Keep as much weight as low as you can. A top-heavy bike is NO fun to ride.  The left bag isn't as easily accessible as the right bag when the bike's on the jiffy stand, so I try to fill that with stuff I won't need to get at very often (if at all). Tool roll at the bottom, followed by rain gear and leather.

5. Start hanging on to "throw away" clothes. Got a coupla t-shirts just about ready for the trash? Wear 'em on the bike on the way down, and then throw 'em out when ya get there.

6. When you do a longer trip, plan on doing laundry at a laundromat at least once on your trip. Don't even attempt to pack 2 weeks worth of clothes on a bike. Many of the motels we've stayed at have had laundry provisions available on-site, which is extremely nice. Also, grab all the small bottles of shampoo, conditioner, etc you can. Use 'em for future trips, or use 'em to make your own travel size bottles of your own shampoo and stuff.

Anyways, that's what I sent him, and hopefully it'll save them some grief. What can you add?

Never follow the Hippo into the water.

lonegoosehonking

Hell I can pack for a two week road trip in 30 minutes or less. Got it down to an art. Never know when you have to leave town. Old t-shirts and underwear and socks work best . Wear em and can them. So what if you don't look pretty...I am a biker not some Dr. / lawyer. I can dress up but unless my clothes show some fade I am not comfortable.

Big Dan

Quote from: lonegoosehonking on April 07, 2009, 09:29:54 AM
Hell I can pack for a two week road trip in 30 minutes or less. Got it down to an art. Never know when you have to leave town. Old t-shirts and underwear and socks work best . Wear em and can them. So what if you don't look pretty...I am a biker not some Dr. / lawyer. I can dress up but unless my clothes show some fade I am not comfortable.

Lol- I used to be able to do the same thing. Then I got a wife and a bagger.

Rags722

April 07, 2009, 09:39:14 AM #4 Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 10:55:30 PM by Rags722
Well, I start by having a list for both my bike and my wifes.  One thing you need to be sure of is that stuff in HER list stays on her bike, not tossed in your locked tour pack ( like I have her carry MY spare keys and I carry hers.  One year I did misplace my keys, and when I asked her for the spare set I found out they were in her fanny pack, which was locked in my tour pack)
Our sample list is like this:

My Stuff                  Her Stuff
Her extra keys      My extra keys
Cable Lock      Cable Lock
Bike Cover      Bike Cover
Bike cover lock      Bike cover lock
My Pills                   Her Pills
Clothes                   Clothes
Sneakers                   Sneakers
Bathing Suit      Bathing Suit
Cell Phone      Cell Phone
Spare Glasses      Spare Glasses
Money                   Money
EZ Pass                   EZ Pass
Reg & Insurance      Reg & Insurance
Camera                  Cell Phone Charger
Camera Batteries      Leather Jacket
Cell Phone Charger      Rain Gear
I-POD      
I-Pod charger      
Leather Jacket      
Rain Gear      
First Aide Kit      
Maps      
Notepad      
Confirmation numbers      
Choice Hotel Atlas      
Empty Trash Bags   

One other side note, after our first trip and finding I was carrying not one but TWO hair dryers ( "well, the first one is the one I like , but it overheats, so I bring the other to finish up"),  Anything that she needs that I don't goes on her bike.  Our list may be longer than most, but with 2 bikes we carry what we have found works for us.  Not on the list but helpful is about 20 feet of nylon string.  After a day of riding in the rain, it can come in REAL handy to turn your motel room into a clothes line.  Just turn the heater on full blast and go to dinner.  By the time you get back most of the stuff is pretty dry.   

lonegoosehonking

Hell have 4 kids at home, but I have a good ole lady that packs as fast as I do. Hell she is at the bike
ready to go before I am. Plus she is a hottie ta boot. Good running  bike, good ole lady, open road, and a few bucks and life is good. Takes you back to the basics and leaves all the hype behind.

Evo160K

We all know what you pack and how you pack is important.  The wife came up with a method of packing our T-bag that works very well for us.  She packs a days worth of cloths for both of us in one freezer bag (rain protection).  She packs the freezer bags on end, side-by-side, like books, so there's no rummaging through the T-bag.  When we stop at night she'll just pull a freezer bag and the two toiletry bags which are on the top, saves removing the t-bag from the bike when the overnight parking is secure.  Of course, she miniaturizes all liquids, creams, etc.

apes

sack of tools and some of that "flat tire fix it" stuff in a can

Big Dan

Yeah, Goose, I'm lucky too. My Patti can pack well, and pack in a hurry. It just took us both some time to figure a lot of stuff out. Or at least figure out how it works best for us. We've gotten to the point where we both figure as long as we have my CPAP machine, all our meds, and both of our wallets, anything forgotten can be grabbed on the road. No point frettin' over a lot of stuff. And we'd both rather have not enough stuff than to have too much stuff. Damn, I love that woman.

bhubb7

Pack bag for the amount of days you need then mail it or grayhound bus it. Then you just need a change of clothes ,rain suit ,tools, and money
brian

TwistedSister

When  ya  pick  up things  along  the  trip. . . POST  OFFICE. . . . mail  the crap instead  of  trying  to  pack  it. 
Drinking doesn't cause hangovers... waking up  does...
TS
SW Arkisaw USN RET

lonegoosehonking

Big Dan

Well I came from a marriage where the ex wouldn't ride. Made some stupid mistakes thinking I was going to cheat the Devil out of his due. Well the Devil always gets his due!. Luckily I met this woman 3 years ago. She never rode till she met me. Took her for a ride and she wanted more. Done 700 mile days with me and thats pretty rare for a woman. Never complains and does her thinking on the bike like I do. Makes a world of difference and I am at the point where riding with her is better than riding solo. Lucky man I am!!!

Rags722

Forgot to mention in my list, the garbage bags are the jumbo type, and are packed where I can get to them quick.  Ditto on rain gear.  When you hit that afternoon cloudburst, I pull on my rain gear, then pull a garbage bag over the T-Bag and lash it in place with a couple of bungee cords.  It keeps the plastic in place and cuts down on the flapping for the next few hours.  Also, I swear by the spare glasses.  If you bust a pair of sunglasses, it's no big deal, but if you break your only pair of prescription glasses on the road, it can be a real PITA.  They don't take up that much room and you only need to use them once to make having them worthwhile.
Keep in mind, every hotel/motel room I have ever stayed at has running water, so you do not need a weeks worth of Tee's and underwear for a week on the road.  Wash 'em in the sink and let 'em dry by the pool while you are taking a swim.  Don't forget motel lamps also work good for drying clothes in a hurry, as does the output from the A/C- heater in the room.
We like to get started early in the day, but be settled into our motel room by late afternoon.  That give us a chance to relax, wash things, take a swim and be out for dinner before the vacationing masses are even off the highway.  It also inproves your odds of being able to park the bike right outside the motel room door so it's easy to keep an eye on things when you hear that noise in the middle of the night.

Sonny S.

bagga

if you don't take toilet paper along, you're asking for trouble. you haven't lived untill you have been in a truck stop restroom with out toilet paper
1985 flhtc
1976 fxe

Big Dan

Good God, Goose, that's too similar to my situation. My ex hated bikes and wouldn't get on one to save her soul. We divorced 7 years ago, and I met Patti 4-1/2 years ago. Patti had ridden before, but not much. Like yours, she just can't get enough. Never complains about money spent on the bike. Always up for a ride. And just damned good company on the back of the bike. I never even dreamed life could be this good.

mkd

i always pack our stuff in garbage bags and then put them in gym bags,one for each of us.if it rains the clothes are still dry.i also take a few spares along as well as an extra bag to strap on the tour pack rack if we need it for stuff we buy on the way.oh yes and a few extra bungy cords.

Snuff™

Here how the Mrs. and I go…
Left saddlebag mine starting at the bottom: winter gloves, gaiters, raingear, extra bandannas, chaps & leather jacket.
Right saddlebag hers: 1 qt oil, roll-up tool pouch, raingear, chaps & leather jacket.
Inside Tourpack:  :duel: Left side mine: day backpack-3 jeans, 3 tshirts, 3 socks, 3-5 underwear & small shaving bag.  (All clothes are rolled tightly and rubberbanded. Socks/underwear are the holey ones I throw away as the days go)  Right side is her day backpack- all of her chit. Somewhere in there is a road atlas, extra bungee cords & air pump for the mattress.
On Top of Tourpack: Tent, Rolled Air Mattress, Cinchbag-1 down sleeping bag, 2 sheet blankets, 2 very small pillows, 2 bath towels, 2 hooded sweetshirts.
Rear Engine Guardbags: earplugs, sunblock, cigars, beef jerky, clear & yellow safety glasses.

Within the first 10 miles from home, I’ve got adjusted to the light frontend.:dgust:

-Snuff :beer:
Every day, I'm one day closer...  WTF!  I'm not near 70 yrs. old!

Scooterfish

Lonegoose , Dan   Where do you find these kind of rare women you speck off? :up:

now back to packing
Northern Indiana

cig

Bike 1.     My stuff, her stuff.

Bike 2.     Her stuff.

:wtf:
cig 
Alton, Illinois

Superheat9

Put a 1/2 gal of whiskey in one bag and tools in the other. Anything else you can find along the way. Maybe a extra pair of jeans.

NETacomaFatboy

I like to pack for 5-7 days as somewhere along the way, you will stay at a place with a washer/dryer (make sure you pack some wash powder & coins).  Main thing you need on the road is a change of underwear, shirt and socks.  That is it.  Add whatever else you may need and bear in mind, you will most likely pick up Tees on the road.

thunderalley3

I have a close friend that I have known for years, I hope when I am twice his age I have half as many miles under my belt, because I would be doing some serious riding. Anyway, I learned from him , as mentioned before, keep all your old stuff, wear it a day or two and in the garbage it goes. As you are getting road tired everything is getting lighter, and less items to go through every day or so. Plus he always had baby wipes, I can hear him now, "Thats one place I do not need chapped, I can live with chapstick on my lips, but it gets a little messy in other spots, plus it seems to lose it's flavor"

You always knew when he was headed for home, he always bought a new tshirt for the ride home.

Loose, my given name from him 20 years ago

TwistedSister

blue  threadlock
extra  gloves (wet ones  suck)
TS
SW Arkisaw USN RET

deltafarmer

Hey Dan. where are you staying in Clarksdale, and how long ? Not a lot to do  there, but enjoy the delta.

Big Dan

We're staying at the America's Best Value Inn, or something like that. Quite a few of us from the OFOPOS board are going. We'll get in on Friday, and leave on Sunday. I'm quite familiar with the delta. I grew up in and around Memphis and went to high school in Horn Lake. Stop on by for a visit. Just look for a bright orange bagger with OFOPOS across the back of it. That'll be me.

08ultra03deuce

Plastic Zip Ties.  Take up no room and can fix cables ect......

TwistedSister

multi tool
duct tape
bailing  wire
TS
SW Arkisaw USN RET

wingie

Most important thing to pack   some extra space,    wingie

V24me

Condoms.  Even the Magnums don't take up much room, and they'll keep you from bringin home souvenirs    :hyst:

ALL THAT'S NECCESARY FOR THE TRIUMPH OF EVIL IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING!

dbugsymalone

the t-shirt idea i myself already do....another one that i do is with the socks....same idea...however long yer gone is how many pair to pak & toss...then when ya get home,ya break into a virgin pak & make yer feet way happy....new ones make it a year then repeat....another one to remember is yer long johns if'n yer plannin on playin in the mountains for any length of time...b.
Wanted:Rich widow who likes harleys.....apply within

texaskatfish

A pack of baby / wet wipes surrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre comes in handy..........
Katfish  Vice President   Cypress Chapter BACA
RIP Jester http://bacaworld.org/

Phu Cat

Always hope I never need it, but before a trip, make sure the towing service is up to date.  Never actaully needed it on the road.  Now that I've said that, guess I can count on havin a problem on that trip at the end of the month to Denison, Tx.

PC
Too much horsepower is almost enough.

Rags722

Bottom line, my list may be too extensive for some, and may not include everything others may feel are vital items.  However, it never hurts to have a check list made up so when you are 500 miles from home you don't find out you left something YOU view as critical at home.  I have a similar list for when we fly someplace for a vacation.  It omits items we may need on the bike but not on vacation, and includes stuff ( snorkel gear - etc) that we want if at a beach resort.

GaryD

I'm like Rags, I have a check list that I've made up from 30 years of traveling experience. With an Ultra, I carry everything. One thing I learned the hard way a couple years ago and have never seen mentioned before. If you have a flat tire repair kit -----REPLACE THE GLUE EVERY YEAR OR TWO. After many years of carrying a kit and never using it, the one time I did need it, the glue was all dried up.
AMA Life Mbr.
USMC VietNam 66-67 3rd Tnk. Bat

rambo54

I used to make lists and Reserve rooms and make schedules. It turned into more work than I did at work. Now me and the OL gather some clothes get what comes to mind and head out in a general direction. If we need it we get it on the road or do without. If we want to see something we stop, if we are tired we get a room. makes for a more relaxed trip. It's all in your mind.

PoorUB

We ride two up on my Ultra and can pack for 1-2 weeks on the bike no problem. 2 pair of jeans, 2 tee shirts, 3 undies and pair of socks. One long sleeved "T", and long johns. Wifey will pack a little extra. Travel size toiletries. His and hers rain gear. She gets on saddle bag, I get the other. Rain gear gets stuffed in each saddle bag. Trunk in common ground for extras jackets when it is too hot, tools, maps, and crap. We usually have extra room. My wife is a little picky about her looks, (medium maintenance!), she does not like the grungy biker look and keeps herself up well on limited space. She packs some make up, hair dryer, curling iron.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Phu Cat

katfish, Goin to denison to see a bunch of guys I was in the Nam with, can't wait!  Not sure what alls on the agenda but will sugest the stripper fishin @ Lake Texoma cuz a couple of guys are into fishin BIG time.  Actually can't tell ya what part of Denison I'm headed for yet as I haven't seen a map of the area.  Will keep an eye open around the north side for Robert's Dam and warn the people downstream about WHO WORKED ON IT!!!!!!!!

pc
Too much horsepower is almost enough.

Kansas

April 08, 2009, 04:00:18 PM #38 Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 04:24:24 PM by Kansas
I suggest a $100.00 bill wrapped around a secondary credit card and a spare set of bike keys in a baggie and put someplace safe so that if you lose your wallet, or keys, etc you aren't totally screwed a long way from home.  A couple of years ago I lost my wallet in the Ozarks and didn't discover it until I went to gas up.  I was in total panic mode until about a half hour later with the gauge on empty while back tracking I discovered I had stuck the wallet in a different inside pocket of my jacket than I normally do.  I had been talking on the cell phone when I put it away.  None the less it taught me a valuable lesson.  Without it I had no ID, no money, no credit cards, and a lot of problems.  Another screw up on a trip to Wyoming was on the second night after a shower I decided a fresh pair of underwear were in order and discovered I had neglected to pack any.  Here I was in some little town in the foothills of the Tetons trying to find underwear at 7:30 PM!  Geez, that's what is great about motorcycling.  Stuff happens that you never forget.

GaryD

Kansas, I've done that once, twice if you count a camera. What I do now is use one of those wallets with the chain and loop -- like the REAL BIKERS wear.  :wink: That way I can't misplace my wallet and it can't fall out while I'm riding.
The extra keys and money with a credit card is also a good idea. I do the keys and money part and will start adding a credit card, Thanks for that tip.

Rambo, what do you do when you're completely worn out and you're ready to stop for the night and find out there's a cow patty throwing contest going on and all the rooms for 50 miles are booked solid? It doesn't take me more than 1/2 hour to book all my reservations. I think it's fun to sit down and plan a vacation not a pain in the ass. That way I know I will have someplace to rest up for the night. Yes I still will stop for something special that I come upon or take a detour if it looks promising. Unfortunately I don't have the luxury to do it too often since my company will only let me take a week at a time vacation. So I have to plan 95% of my trips so I can see and do as much as I can. That's the reason I also have a GPS unit.
Someday - maybe soon - if the economy gets any worse and I don't have a job, I will be able to just take off and ride without any time limits or destination like a lot of HTT members on here say they do. :up:
I have 2 goals that I want to do before I kick the bucket, 1 realistic and 1 not very realistic. Ride to Alaska and go to Australia.
AMA Life Mbr.

Rags722

Gary, I know what you are saying, but like Kansas we like to do more of a gypsy vacation.  We have a general direction in mind, but don't know if we will make 200, 400 or 500 miles in any given day.  What we do is carry the CHOICE HOTELS atlas with us and make several reservations for the next night.  Then we just call and cancel the ones we don't need, but are sure of having at least one room for the night.  In fact, we may make several reservations in the same area, and when we get there check out each place before we check in depending on parking and ability to see/secure the bikes.

texaskatfish

Quote from: Phu Cat on April 08, 2009, 03:35:19 PM
katfish, Goin to denison to see a bunch of guys I was in the Nam with, can't wait!  Not sure what alls on the agenda but will sugest the stripper fishin @ Lake Texoma cuz a couple of guys are into fishin BIG time.  Actually can't tell ya what part of Denison I'm headed for yet as I haven't seen a map of the area.  Will keep an eye open around the north side for Robert's Dam and warn the people downstream about WHO WORKED ON IT!!!!!!!!

pc
PC hehehehehe - you're reading too fast there cuz - I said Denton TX not Denison. Denton is due north of the DFW metroplex where the split of I-35 is (west from the  Sherman / Denison area)
Katfish  Vice President   Cypress Chapter BACA
RIP Jester http://bacaworld.org/

truck

What Rags said about the hotel directory is a good idea. I got stuck a couple of times not being able to find a room and having to push on for more miles and hours than I wanted, or in the rain to find a room.
Around 3 in the afternoon I'll pull out the map and the AAA Travel Guide, figure how many more hours/miles I want to ride, then break out the cell phone and make a reservation, no more stress at the end of the day.
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

GaryD

Rags, you mentioned Choice Hotels. Do you belong to The American Motorcycle Association? If not you might want to look into it. Members get a 20% discount on all their hotels along with Red Roof, Motel 6 and Travelodge. That alone will save you the membership dues.  :up:

I have used that benifit a couple time, but usually I stay at Mom & Pop motels mainlly because they are a lot cheaper.
AMA Life Mbr.

Rags722

Quote from: GARYD on April 09, 2009, 07:15:48 AM
Rags, you mentioned Choice Hotels. Do you belong to The American Motorcycle Association? If not you might want to look into it. Members get a 20% discount on all their hotels along with Red Roof, Motel 6 and Travelodge. That alone will save you the membership dues.  :up:

I have used that benifit a couple time, but usually I stay at Mom & Pop motels mainlly because they are a lot cheaper.

Actually, what I do is call the 800 number for Choice and tell them the place I want to stay and ask for the 60+ discount (never been proofed - but I do qualify now). Mature travellers (50+) get a 10 % discount and if you are over 60 you ask for the 60+ discount and get 20% ~ 30% off depending on the location.  However there is a catch... you can not just walk into the lobby and get that discount, it MUST be made using the 800 number.  I call Choice about this time of year and ask them to send me their current property booklet and their Atlas which highlights every location in each state. For those that don't know, Choice Hotels includes all of the following :
Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Quality, Sleep Inn, Cambria, Clarion, MainStay, Surburban, Econolodge, & Rodeway.

Hope this helps.

Snuff™

Beware!   Last August, coming back from Sturgis I called ahead, verifying room availability and cancellation policy at the Best Western in Albert Lea, MN.  Made it to Cedar Rapids and called to cancel my reservation in Albert Lea.  That MF’in Camel Jockey Towel Head would not confirm my cancellation and got a $109 Visa bill the next month.  STAY AWAY from Best Western in Albert Lea, MN.!!!  That MF may get a visit from me this August! :angry:

-Snuff :beer:
Every day, I'm one day closer...  WTF!  I'm not near 70 yrs. old!

hdjax2

I did'nt read every post but just in case nobody mentioned it, dont forget the sunblock and the gold bond powder. JAX AKA the fair skinned white boy :wink:
Stuck in Lodi, Ca

GaryD

I prefer Anti Monkey Butt powder myself. :teeth:
Us older guys need to put sunblock on top of our heads.    :hyst:
AMA Life Mbr.

geneo

Question for you ? what kind of (small Gas container) do you take with you cross country. That would fit inside side bag.   I want about a quart size (not a gallon) , which would be enough too the next gas station or it would help some one out.  I've looked at Aluminum water bottles with screw caps and some SS coffee thermos "also would mark as gas on the bottle".
The wife and I have  planned  a trip next month on a 2006 FLHTCUI from Idaho to Little rock mostly all side roads.  Any input on this?  Gene & Terri

GaryD

I bought one of those aluminum bottles w/screw cap from a camping goods store many years ago. It was for white gas for a Coleman stove so I would think it would be OK for regular gas also. It was about a quart size.
AMA Life Mbr.

geneo

Thanks Garyd, I will check that out next time in  Boise Idaho.  Gene

Kansas

Another good idea is to call the 1-800 # on the back of your credit card before you leave and let them know you are taking a motorcycle vacation.  The banks will freeze a card when unnusual charges are made.  Matter of fact I was getting my credit card unfrozen when I was using the telephone that led to the wallet episode in the Ozarks.

PoorUB

Quote from: geneo on April 09, 2009, 12:43:06 PM
Question for you ? what kind of (small Gas container) do you take with you cross country.

Here is what you want, designed for camp stove fuel they will handle gasoline too.
http://www.msrgear.com/stoves/fuelbottle.asp
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Evo160K

We've been carrying extra gasoline in a plastic oil bottle (quart).  It's "flat" and packs easily in a saddle bag.  CAUTION----keep it away from the exhaust pipe.

truck

Quote from: Kansas on April 09, 2009, 03:21:52 PM
Another good idea is to call the 1-800 # on the back of your credit card before you leave and let them know you are taking a motorcycle vacation.  The banks will freeze a card when unnusual charges are made.  Matter of fact I was getting my credit card unfrozen when I was using the telephone that led to the wallet episode in the Ozarks.

Good suggestion! I do that to.
I had a problem at some Shell stations where the card wouldn't work. I started worrying that the card company shut me down so I called them. I was told the card is active and they were aware of my trip to other states. Peace of mind.
Shell had a problem with the card readers in the pumps.
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

theRAVE06

PLB- Personal Locator Beacon.  The newer one's have GPS coordinate info and once theyr'e activated someone's comin within minute's. The wife ride's with me and we ride alone 90% of the time. It's peace of mind for me if she's along. You get on some of these nice country back-road's even in the middle of the day if you go off the road nobody's gonna find ya. In the off riding season I take it with me on all my huntin trip's.
Dave.

GaryD

PoorUB, that's the bottle I was talking about. Mine was just painted red.
AMA Life Mbr.