May 07, 2024, 05:23:19 PM

News:

Harley rendezvous NY Info

Started by tbone1957, April 07, 2009, 03:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbone1957

I'm thinking about going to the Harley rendezvous this year. I'm just looking for tips on what to bring. I don't want to get there and say to myself I shoulda brought this or that etc. Thanks for any tips. Tbone

truck

Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

Advntr

Be sure to be wearing a real DOT approved helmet, have quiet pipes on your scoot, and proper insurance & registration documents as the NYSP will be harassing motorcyclists with an illegal motorcycle only checkpoint. Welcome to NY comrad.

thunderalley3

Stock mufflers. I got pulled over going into town on the day before it started, got a ticket, turned around and left, never got off my bike.

low_rider1979

Yep, DOT lid, and camera.  You might want to bring some throw away cloths too.  If it rains it is a slippery mess and no real great way to clean up.  It is as rowdy a place as I have ever been(3 times).  If your bringing a gal be sure she isn't thin skinned. Be careful where you are when they open the gate!  Enjoy the zoo. 
HTT member since 2002

MikeL

Did 8 vous haven't been since 2004. Rained every year except 1996.Definitely bring your camera,extra clothes,tent  tarps and toilet paper.. If you can bring your own grub and drinks, do so kinda pricey and the food sucks.No bottles less you hide them real good. If your going with a group try to get there Thursday and get in line.Bikes are always in 1st. 1st come 1st serve with respects to land. It's kinda like the old fashioned land lottery out west. Bring some caution tape and sticks to mark your land.Tit alley and the hill are the best locations. Be prepared for one of the raunchiest, filthiest, best times to be had. :wink:

MIKE