April 30, 2024, 05:00:52 PM

News:

late weekend update

Started by Little Al, April 07, 2009, 09:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Little Al

Well I had a fairly non-productive weekend on the bike. Grandson's 6th birthday distracted me and taking care of some stuff for my 87 year old parents. funny, I treat the grandson & the parents the same, lol

anyway, got the cam chest and lifters/pushrods all buttoned up, pulled out all the primary side stuff and I'm working on cleaning it all up. got the carb on, did the manifold last weekend, but still gotta finish up the cable. Struggled with getting the cable to actually advance & retard the dist/timer/circuit breaker, still haven't got that working good enough to actually use

got the inner tin on and the clutch hub, but not the rest of the primary side yet. had to get some steel plates.

I think that's all I got done except for finally work out something on the buddy seat. bought one off ebay cheap & couldn't find anyone locally to recover in leather. Finally found heather's leathers down in South Carolina and he's doing it up 100% original for my year, plus powdercoated pan, for a damn good price compared to a few other guys I called.

hopefully this weekend I'll get more done, time is ticking away for my deadline to get her rolling and I'm gonna be away for 2 weeks for some specialized ride training in detroit.
Little Al

Pzokes

What's the "turn-around-time" on the seat?  This is not a good time of year to send anything out.  Everyone wants their stuff done now.
There's miles to go before I sleep.

Little Al

Wayne, the owner, told me right now he's at 4-5 weeks but only because he's in the middle of moving his shop. Normally he's 2-3 weeks.

I'm actually "trading in" my white buddy seat from a late 60's bike for one he happens to have completed and sitting on the shelf that is correct for my '54. He only has to add the skirt and cut the holes for the rear rail. he'll have my seat & rail Thursday and he promised he'd cut and install the skirt, put my rail on and ship it back out to me friday morning. Wayne's a great guy, talked to him over an hour. Even though it's not correct for my '54, I have a backrest pad too in white vinyl and he's throwing in covering that in matching black leather. I need it cause the OL has a real bad back and needs it.

I'll let you know the quality when I get it early next week, but his website has some good looking restorations and custom seats and he came highly recommended.
Little Al

Pynzo

Sounds like you're getting a great deal!

Little Al

if the quality is what I'm hoping for and expecting I'll be very happy!
Little Al