May 07, 2024, 01:38:19 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

brake question -1994 Heritage

Started by jmorton10, April 08, 2009, 12:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmorton10

I have to throw rear pads into a 1994 Heritage tomorrow at work for a co-worker.

I have to bring whatever tools I need to get the job done in with me.  It has been an awful long time since I worked on a bike that old & I don't want to forget anything.

Can somebody who has done this recently simply list the tools I need to bring in with me so I don't have to chase something halfway into the job??

The bike is all stock & has no bags on it.

~John
HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

Billy

You'll need a T-45 torx driver, 6" 3/8 drive extension and ratchet to remove the pins and maybe a flat blade screwdriver for the wire, a c-clamp to force the piston back into the caliper, brake fluid, a can of brake clean and a few rags. That should do it.
Lazyness is the Mother of Invention

jmorton10

HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

Evo1

Quote from: jmorton10 on April 08, 2009, 12:35:11 PM
I have to throw rear pads into a 1994 Heritage tomorrow at work for a co-worker.

I have to bring whatever tools I need to get the job done in with me.  It has been an awful long time since I worked on a bike that old & I don't want to forget anything.

Can somebody who has done this recently simply list the tools I need to bring in with me so I don't have to chase something halfway into the job??

The bike is all stock & has no bags on it.

~John

OLD?.......... seams just like yesterday, hell I think that 94 is late model. :gob: