May 06, 2024, 05:50:08 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Lost the AUX on my Radio

Started by Mikeg, March 07, 2016, 09:07:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikeg

So I washed the bike on Sunday. After washing I took the bike out for a ride and the AUX wasn't showing on the radio screen. It is a 2012 FLHTCU with the stock HK radio. I normally run with a cable running from the AUX port to an iPod. There was no sound and no AUX indicator to select. I ran a quick diagnostic check on the bike to see if there was a code; nothing noted. I did some reading on the radio diagnostics and tried to do a check but wasn't to sure on how to do that exactly so I didn't get much from that.

Anybody have this issue before? I suspect it was caused by the washing...

Thanks,

Mike

UltraNutZ

go by auto zone.  grab you a spray can of electrical contact cleaner.  make sure bike is off

put little red straw on can and spray liberally into aux port and use an aux plug to plug and unplug a few times.  Let sit for about 15 minutes to make sure it's completely dried out.

Give it a whirl again.
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

BigNorm1

mine has done that twice on my 2011.  Both times it came back after drying out.

UltraNutZ

that electrical contact cleaner displaces moisture also.   :up:
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

Mikeg

Guys,

Thanks for the idea... I sprayed some contact cleaner in there and dried the AUX port and it works fine now... Thanks again!

Hossamania

Good to know about this. Thanks for the info. Aux with my IPod is all I use. If that quit, the radio would be much less enjoyable.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.