May 08, 2024, 09:38:08 PM

News:

Adding HD Amplifier

Started by mike82860, March 12, 2016, 10:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike82860

Current ride is a 2009 FLHX with 103 Kit and a ton of chrome. I hope someone has a reasonable solution as I have run out of ideas. I have the factory stereo with ipod interface added in the batwing.  I obtained a Boom HD Amp P/N 76000071 for nearly free but it did not come with the factory wiring harness. Once I found the HD Instructions they show that harness as not available as a spare part alone. I cant find anything online to replace it. I saw alot of these amps for sale on ebay with no harness, what are people doing to integrate the factory amp into their system? Thanks in advance for any answers.
Mike

Bsmith153

Im assuming that the Amp has RCA's and you can tell where the speaker out puts are. If thats correct, all you need to do is figure which pin in the amp is for the positive, negative and the on/off remote wire and make you own connetor. If you still have a Radio shack, hard to find here in jersey, you can can probably get connectors there, or have some body soder tge wire to the pins, good luck.
I dont race because I think im the fastest
I race because its Fun!

FSG

Quote from: mike82860 on March 12, 2016, 10:27:18 PM
Current ride is a 2009 FLHX with 103 Kit and a ton of chrome. I hope someone has a reasonable solution as I have run out of ideas. I have the factory stereo with ipod interface added in the batwing.  I obtained a Boom HD Amp P/N 76000071 for nearly free but it did not come with the factory wiring harness. Once I found the HD Instructions they show that harness as not available as a spare part alone. I cant find anything online to replace it. I saw alot of these amps for sale on ebay with no harness, what are people doing to integrate the factory amp into their system? Thanks in advance for any answers.
Mike

Are you referring to Item 2. Amplifier harness in Instructions BOOM! AUDIO AMPLIFIER KIT -J05266  ?

rigidthumper

That harness can be built-Appropriate wire and a few connectors from the dealer. It needs heavy power and ground, inputs from the wires originally going to the speakers, outputs going to the speakers, and connections for the data buss. It's doable.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

mike82860

Yes its item #2 in the HD Instructions. I can obtain all the appropriate connectors and build it but was hoping to avoid the hassle.

rigidthumper

A new genuine harness would prolly cost $100 or more.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

FSG

Quote from: mike82860 on March 13, 2016, 09:39:42 AM
Yes its item #2 in the HD Instructions. I can obtain all the appropriate connectors and build it but was hoping to avoid the hassle.

well at least the wiring is in the the diagrams