May 07, 2024, 07:36:37 AM

News:

kuryakyn ultra tour bag ???

Started by crow, April 09, 2009, 06:46:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crow

Was wondering how many people have this bag and what you think of it? I just bought one and have yet to use it. Will break it in Riding to DC for Rolling Thunder.

I guess I just got tired of strapping a 20" bag to the home made PVC luggage rack extension. Figures it was time to buy a real traveling bike bag.

Looking forward to your Likes and dislikes on this bag.

Knees in the Breeze is all I need........:)

mkd

i bought the S A C touring bags for my springer.it is made by sac for hd and it is a two bag setup.both can be mounted on the sisy bar or the smaller is stacked on the large attached to the bar.it's got as much room as my bagger does counting the saddlebags and the sac bags.bonus is that either of the sac bags can go on the luggage rack on top of the tour pac if needed.had i only needed one bag for the bagger it might have been the ultra tour.

RK101

April 09, 2009, 03:03:19 PM #2 Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 04:42:55 PM by Fatboy_SirGarfield
 I bought the Full dresser bag a few years back and have used it on quite a few over the road trips on my RK. I like to put it on the rear seat and use it as a back rest. IMO the quality of the Kuryakyn bags is hard to beat. I don't know anyone who has the ultra bag but if it's anything like the Full dresser bag I'm sure you'll be quite happy with it.

Do not take life too seriously.  You will never get out of it alive.  ~Elbert H

ibltit

I've got the grand tour bag and it is a really nice piece of luggage. The pros are that it has a waterproof cover, it has all kinds of storage, it has different compartments that are easy to access, the zippers are strong and easy to open even when on the bike, detachable hip bags (fanny bags), fits on the tour rack, expands if you decide to put extra stuff in it like a leather coat, lots of snaps and D-rings for tying down, and a pull out handle on one side with wheels on the other side. The cons: when it is on the tour rack you need to be carefull about opening the lid of the tour pack. The bag is heavy when loaded and can break the hinges on the lid. It straps down good, but can take a little time putting it on the rack or taking it off. It does not have a side handle to carry it by, only the handle on the end that pulls out to use the wheels. There are small detachable bags on each end and the one by the wheels has to be taken off in order to roll it. All in all, it's a nice bag and carries everything two people could want, but it's kind of a pain in the rear to use.
Mike

June2017

I've had this bag for a few years now and it's been a good bag for me.  I used it for a cross country trip 2 years ago, and will be using it starting this Thursday for another long trip to Florida-Texas and then back to VA. 

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]