May 06, 2024, 07:44:19 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

BOOM Audio Install

Started by HskrFreak, March 31, 2016, 09:55:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HskrFreak

I have a 2013 Ultra Classic Anniversary Edition Limited.  I installed the Boom Audio last night.  The only modification I made from the standard kit was I installed a Fairing Amp versus the Tour pac amp.  Everything is wired correctly, amp has power.  However, rear speakers are not working.  They were working at first, but stopped after we had to reset the two wires that go into the 6 plug connector.  They were not seated all the way, so the rear speakers were working, but not the fairing speakers.  Now the fairing speakers work, really sound good BTW, but the rears do not.  Of course, HD wants $$$ to look at it.  They say I shouldn't need it flashed.

Any assistance is appreciated.

UltraNutZ

Is your fader in the correct position?
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

HskrFreak

Yes, I have it right in the middle of the graph, so all 4 should be playing.

UltraNutZ

if the speakers were on prior to making those 2 pin connections in the 6 pin plug, then that tells me they are activating something within that system that shuts off rear speakers.

Please post up the part # of the amp and the part #(s) of any wiring harnesses you added in this install

rigidthumper

Rear speakers have to be plugged into the amp once the can buss wires are hooked up (orange & yellow wires on that 6 pin connector ). Did you make connections for the rear, moving the wires from the big radio connector to the amp? I don't remember the color codes from memory, but there are 4 wires that have to be moved from the radio to the amp- white/brown, green/brown, ??? It's buried in the instructions somewhere.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

HskrFreak

I ended up taking the bike into HD.  The same store that sold me the Boom Audio.  After 2 days working on the bike, the service department told me that I was sold the wrong BOOM system for my bike.  They ended up doing a custom wiring harass to make it work and it works great.  They had it for 3 1/2 days and it didn't cost me a dime.  Never turn it up beyond 4 bars, it is almost too loud at that setting.

UltraNutZ

yep.. that's why I asked for part #s.

Good to see they took care of you bud.   :speaker: