May 02, 2024, 01:38:15 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

TTS correcting speedo

Started by happyman, April 10, 2009, 10:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

happyman

recieved  the TTS a couple days ago and  loaded it on the puter..Was looking through it  a little  and ran across the part that mentioned the speed change. it said something about the   32 tooth trans sproket and 70 toothe rear pulley. My bike id did the clutch basket  ring gear change  also to a 49 tooth from the 46 to get me at the 3:15 gear.
Since then i took the device to my tuner, but i am wondering what to do to make the correction or the steps required. Thanks,
Happyman

Steve Cole

April 10, 2009, 01:09:26 PM #1 Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 05:06:12 PM by Steve Cole
If you change the primary gears, you need to correct the primary gear ratio. If you changed the secondary gears or tire size you need to correct the speedometer. So from what you said you changed the primary gears. Go to the ECM Tuning Constants and look to the right side of the screen and you will see a tab that says Primary Ratio and "click" on it. Now select the new ratio you have installed into your bike. That's all you need to do to correct it, then program the calibration into the bike.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

happyman

Quote from: Steve Cole on April 10, 2009, 01:09:26 PM
If you change the primary gears, you need to correct teh primary gear ratio. If you changed the secondary gears or tire size you need to correct the speedometer. So from what you said you changed the primary gears. Go to the ECM Tuning Constants and look to the right side of the screen and you will see a tab that says Primary Ratio and "click" on it. Now select teh new ratio you have installed into your bike. That's all you need to do to correct it, then program the calibration into the bike.

that seems  easy enough!!   thanks  for the info,  appreciated for sure