April 30, 2024, 05:20:29 PM

News:

1949 Pan

Started by HogMike, April 12, 2016, 01:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HogMike

More pix of my 1949 Pan, as I got it home, and after restored.

BTW: Yes, this is bone stock correct as ordered in 1949
:missed:
HOGMIKE
SoCal

Snuff™

Can't believe your not that patriotic to leave it red, white, and blue! :hyst:

That's one nice '49!
Every day, I'm one day closer...  WTF!  I'm not near 70 yrs. old!

Brrrap

:agree: Indeed, Looks to be very nice!
82nd ABN INF B.Co.1st 508th '78-81<br />1923rd Comm Group, ATC, Kelly AFB '82-86

oldhippie

biker3r

sandrooney

Isn't the springer only correct on the side car and sport solo models in 49? Doesn't matter it is an awesome bike.
Patience is such a waste of time .

HogMike

Quote from: sandrooney on April 13, 2016, 03:46:32 AM
Isn't the springer only correct on the side car and sport solo models in 49? Doesn't matter it is an awesome bike.

Correct.
Dealer order form listed the Knuckle fenders, front forks etc. when sidecar was was to be purchased also.
According to my dealer, the Hydra Glide forks did not work well with a sidecar, and a lot of riders did not want the new forks, so they ordered this version.
This was solved later with the introduction of the adjustable front fork trees with assorted parts to use with a side car.
The HydraGlide forks for side car also included steering damper, wedge for the head light and a few bits and pieces to get it all to work.
My '38 UL sidecar rig had all the crap to TRY to make it handle well. It was a challenge to get the rig to run well.
My dealer helped here also to get the adjustments correct, as he had vast knowledge of the old stuff.
As an aside, it was great sport to get a passenger in the sidecar and get it up in the air with right hand turns at speed!
The girls wet their pants.
HOGMIKE
SoCal

Deye76

Very Very nice.  :up:

Previous owner was on a acid trip. 
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

panjs

CraigArizona85248

That's beautiful!  Sweet bike!

-Craig

FLHRI_2004

It looks beautiful!  :up: :up:
My Ride: Road King

Hossamania

Really nice. The previous owner had issues!
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

tomcat64

I love it!! both versions, but the restored is MUCH better!!

BUBBIE

From the OLD that someone Screw up to a Beautiful Restored Master Piece...

NICE....... :SM:

My Dad owned many used bikes in his young days I mostly heard about. Only bought One New bike,... A 1951 Pan Hydra. I did get to ride on the back Lots, then later years I rode on the front... (about 13/14 years old he had me go solo)  :SM: BIG  :SM:

Mike,

Thanks for bringing that bike back to Life and giving me some Great Memories Too... :rose:

signed....BUBBIE
Quite Often I am Right, so Forgive me when I'm WRONG !!!

HogMike

Quote from: BUBBIE on May 21, 2016, 09:19:39 PM

From the OLD that someone Screw up to a Beautiful Restored Master Piece... [/b]

NICE....... :SM:

My Dad owned many used bikes in his young days I mostly heard about. Only bought One New bike,... A 1951 Pan Hydra. I did get to ride on the back Lots, then later years I rode on the front... (about 13/14 years old he had me go solo)  :SM: BIG  :SM:

Mike,

Thanks for bringing that bike back to Life and giving me some Great Memories Too... :rose:

signed....BUBBIE

Thanks for the kind words.
Actually, the old "screw up" wasn't that, it was atop a dealer sign for advertising.
It was up there for many years and I got it as partial payment for what the dealer owed me.
When I found out that I also had access to NOS parts from the warehouse to match the 1949 engine number it was a no-brainer.
Much of that bike came right out of the boxes from Mother Harley.

I'm still in the process of transferring my old slides to digital and looking for more pics of the storage building we had for the completed bikes (mostly panheads, with a few older Harleys and Indians mixed in)!!
I DO remember having cookie sheets under most of the Harleys, but not under the Indians! Hmmmm :potstir: 
HOGMIKE
SoCal