April 30, 2024, 01:10:00 PM

News:

Clipping or interrupting CB??

Started by Stang951, April 15, 2016, 01:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stang951

I installed the PN4.520D a few months ago. Recently I was able to ride in our group and with the volume about midway and the CB on I get what I though was clipping. I thought that was weird because I know that I set the gains properly. I also had the gains set too high int he beginning and did not have any clipping....well after a few times I looked down and noticed that when the "clipping" occured the CB activity indicator was active.

Is it possible that the Class D amps also interfere with CB equipment?

I tried the radio without the CB on and didn't notice the "clipping" but I could not remember the songs that it occured with so...here I am.

UltraNutZ

certainly not saying it isn't possible but from what I've seen and tested it only affects the FM band.  It's been a long time since I tested it with CB, but I check it all the time on sirius, bluetooth, etc.
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

Coyote

If the CB indicator is active and you are not pushing the PTT then bump the squelch up a notch or two. Do you have the speaker switch set so you can hear what is going on with the CB? If it is receiving a signal, then it's going to cut out the other audio.