April 27, 2024, 11:16:55 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Fat Boy Bar risers

Started by Stoney101, April 17, 2016, 06:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoney101

Buying 2014 Fat Boy, not lo. Wanting to raise/pull back bars. How far can I go. Wires currently in bars.

In God I Trust

Xanadu

any length change in the location of your controls to the molex connector under the tank will require wire length changes.  There just isn't a loom of wire under there to allow you painless bar changes.
it might be a good time to replace controls or get some chrome switches with the wires attached, then you and crimp on the sockets after you cut the wires where you need them to go.  Dont forget your cables.  you will probably need a new front brake hose, and a new clutch cable too.  Im not sure if the new bikes have a throttle cable or a wire...

Stoney101

In God I Trust

cheetah

I put 4" risers on my 04 Fat Boy without any problem. Did a little wiggling of the wire loom to get the needed extra length, and put 60K+ miles on it  Still going strong.
C
Live Every Day if it was your Last
Cause it just might be

Stoney101

Thanks Cheetah thats encouraging
In God I Trust

Stoney101

Well I gave in and ordered some 13" bars. Installed out the door $1063.00 Hurts but sure makes a difference. Thanks for all the feed back.
In God I Trust

Hossamania

Quote from: Stoney101 on May 30, 2016, 01:22:32 PM
Well I gave in and ordered some 13" bars. Installed out the door $1063.00 Hurts but sure makes a difference. Thanks for all the feed back.

If it's any consolation, I've done quite a few sets, and it takes six to eight hours for me.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Stoney101

6-8 is longer than I would have thought. They stuck with the quote given, but did say it kicked the techs but. Figured it was one of those days. They should be about the right height, I will know when I change the seat.
In God I Trust