May 08, 2024, 09:21:14 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

2012 Triglide radio

Started by Phu Cat, April 20, 2016, 10:42:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phu Cat

The darned thing works intermittently.  Ma and I were riding along one day when I realized the radio had quite playing  I tried changing stations, then went thru everything that could effect sound not coming out of the speakers like squelch on the CB if it was on, FM to AM, and all the other possibilities.  Still, no sound from the speakers but the normal wording on the stereo face as the songs changed, etc.  Got frustrated and just shut it off.  A little while later we stopped for gas and after we pull back on to the highway I hit the on button for the radio again and it starts playing.  Of course, a while down the road it quits again so I turn it off for a while then turn it back on and nothing.  We get home late that evening and I park the bike.  The next morn I fire the bike up and turn the radio on and it plays.  On that ride the darn radio quits AGAIN!  I'm thinkin a loose wire (hopefully) and (not) a cracked printed circuit board.    So, if the screen has enough power to display the song info but not enough to drive RF system and amp, where do I start looking?  Or do I just have to send the radio back to the radio manufacturer?

PC
Too much horsepower is almost enough.

moose

had the same happen to my 2011 limited    it wound up it was internal in the radio replaced under extended warranty no problem since
Moose aka Glenn-

Phu Cat

April 21, 2016, 10:48:13 AM #2 Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 10:53:53 AM by Phu Cat
Hate to hear THAT!  Gettin ready to head out on a trip, but at least the CD player works.  Looks like it's gonna be a bear to get out too.  FWIW, I just installed a set of set of adapters for 6 1/2" Alpine speakers in the fairing and what a difference in sound quality they make.

PC
Too much horsepower is almost enough.

Coyote

The radio is easy to remove. Disconnect the two connector and antenna, remove 4 bolts and it comes out. It's a good idea to loosen the fairing bracket bolts so the brackets (on a batwing) can be spread just a bit to make it easier to pull the radio out. Your problem is well known and you can send the radio to Iron Cross Audio and they can repair it.

When you put it back, make sure the bottom of the radio is not resting on the riser clamp bolts.

tdgriff

Quote from: Coyote on April 21, 2016, 12:47:20 PM
The radio is easy to remove. Disconnect the two connector and antenna, remove 4 bolts and it comes out. It's a good idea to loosen the fairing bracket bolts so the brackets (on a batwing) can be spread just a bit to make it easier to pull the radio out. Your problem is well known and you can send the radio to Iron Cross Audio and they can repair it.

When you put it back, make sure the bottom of the radio is not resting on the riser clamp bolts.
yep what he said . Not hard at all.