April 27, 2024, 11:49:24 AM

News:

WARNING. non stock parts (china)

Started by help-u2, April 10, 2009, 08:50:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

help-u2

i know.  hard to get stock parts for our old iron...
after 35 years of the same rubber oil tank plug it was getting loose.  wanting to pop out a little under pressure......sooooo. i replaced it.  only thing available was a made in china peice of junk.
so on it went.  about one month later the chrome cover came off in my hand when going to check oil level.....hummm. thinking the glue broke loose.   looked at chrome cover...its threaded..
in the wisdom of the foreign parts makers they put in a little screw through the rubber into the cap.

great.  drained oil....no screw.   draged a long magnet about tank.  no screw...
tomorrow i get to pull rear exhaust and such, remove tank and oil lines.   dont think it made it to oil pump down feed line cause i rode it and did not hear blowing up noises....crap.
bunch of work that would not have been needed.  thanks china...
stock lasted 3.5 decades, foreign lasted one month....

Lew

Man, I feel for ya brother.  I've always wondered how someone could exert time, energy, and effort into producing goods that are total garbage....and not care.  They have 'no integrity'.  Can you say gleen money?
Good luck!

Lew

-It is now later than it has ever been before-

help-u2

update.....
took off oil tank.  flushed out.  no screw or washer.   took oil line to pump off.  blew out.   no parts.

if they made it to oil pump gears would be toast by now.....so where is screw and washer???????
DAMN....

243ron

With all the swap meets that are still being held, there is no reason to use re-pop. A used OE part is still better than gook junk. AMCA has meets all over the US, check them out. :gob:

help-u2

we get 2-3 swap meets a year out this way...too long to wait when oil cap is blowing off due to pressure cause its wore out.....that and the used take off will more as likely be just as wore out...
sign of the times....we make nothing here anymore...
its up and running now.... just still no sign of screw.....
guess the screw gods got it...