May 07, 2024, 04:20:44 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Blemish in paint

Started by Slammers, April 10, 2009, 09:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slammers

I need advice from you guys.
A few months ago, I put new handlebars on the bike, and ran the wires internal in the bars.
I used some soapy water to get them to slide through better, which worked great.
However, I spilled a little on the front fender and didn't notice right away so it sat there.
I cleaned it off, but it has left a little blemish in the (black) paint.
Does anyone have advice what I can use to buff it out? I haven't tried yet for fear of making it worse.
Thanks
Slam '04 FXDL

seattledyna

Maguiers Diamond Cut 2.0 should remove that without harming the paint at all, it works great for black to get the swirl marks also.
It does its polishing without harsh abrasives but is aggresive enough to remove 1500 wet sanding scratches. its what I use to get a finish like this.

Slammers

Thanks Seattle. I'll run out and get some.  :up:
Slam '04 FXDL

Tsani

Damn Seattle, that looks awesome!
ᏣᎳᎩ ᎤᏕᏅ ᎠᏴ ᎠᎩᎸᏗ ᏔᎷᎩᏍᎩ ᎠᏂᏐᏈᎵ
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

crazy joe

Nice paint  seattledyna   OT question for you  seattledyna is that a Sony camera? 

harpo1313

dam, that looks like a mirror.nice!!

dakota224

Quote from: crazy joe on April 11, 2009, 05:28:30 PM
Nice paint  seattledyna   OT question for you  seattledyna is that a Sony camera? 
looks like a Canon to me   :up:

seattledyna

its a Panasonic Lumix, great little camera, has a big screen on the back, takes decent video and has a nice long telephoto range.

Thanx guys for the comments!!  that is how my black paint always turns out :teeth: