May 07, 2024, 09:36:15 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Heres a stumper

Started by 1997 fxstc, May 03, 2016, 02:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1997 fxstc

I posted about a starting issue and putting on a solenoid starting switch on my scoot; I couldn't leave well enough alone.  So I wanted to take the old battery with bad cell and put it back into the bike and see how the switch worked with a bad battery.  The battery was still as 13.02 on my meter.  I used the handlebar switch and got the dreaded clickkkkkkkk.  Being the confident person that I am I hit the remote button and not even the dreaded clickkkkkkk.  However, I got the dreaded white smoke coming from the battery and the top coming off at which time I covered all my paint abruptly got that battery off my bike and out of my garage.  So I'm trying to figure out what that was about.  That's why my wife calls me Tim the Toolman. 

wfolarry

That's what you get for putting a bad battery in Tim.  :teeth:
Probably shorted out the battery.

Hossamania

Be honest, she doesn't just call you Tim the Toolman, does she?
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

BUBBIE

May 04, 2016, 09:19:18 AM #3 Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 09:21:19 AM by BUBBIE
 :hyst:

MAYBE,  "Tim The FOOL Man"...

Tks for the Earlier PM Tim...  :hyst: But I went to THIS thread for the "rest of the story"... :sad:

Batteries are a Live BOMB waiting for their Chance to Fool You...

Glad you don't need a RE-Paint...

signed.... BUBBIE
Quite Often I am Right, so Forgive me when I'm WRONG !!!

1997 fxstc

:emoGroan: ok ok so I THOUGHT it was a good idea.  Ya'll sound like my wife  :gob:

Hossamania

Quote from: 1997 fxstc on May 04, 2016, 10:33:06 AM
:emoGroan: ok ok so I THOUGHT it was a good idea.  Ya'll sound like my wife  :gob:

Now THAT made me laugh!
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.