May 02, 2024, 11:05:10 PM

News:

VTune: Comments?

Started by WVULTRA, April 11, 2009, 10:29:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WVULTRA

Anyone care to comment on this recent vtune:

Wondering if the differences between front and rear VEs, especially at idle, are normal for the TC 96".  While stopped/idling, engine seems to have slightly rougher than normal idle.  May be normal; may be characteristic of new cams; may be nature of the FatCat exhaust..........

If not normal, could there be a possible exhaust leak?

Appreciate any input!

:idea:
'07 ULTRA, AXTELL 107"/BAISLEY SS HEADS/HPI 48/DARKHORSE CRANK/RINEHART TDs/TTS

wavlovr1

Although my numbers are different;
proportionally, I have about the same percent difference in my tables from front to rear cells.

have no explanation for differences, but the bikes runs super now.

jb

Blackbaggr

Hey WV...

How many V-tunes do you have there ?

WVULTRA

WOW!  My post actually received two replies!  Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!

dsanchez:

This was after my second run without a passenger.  After doing some searches and researching other posts, it seems most do have this variation from front to rear.

I've modified the PZ176 map via the injector size in Constants along with the usual CLB enrichment since I'm still at 96" with upgraded cams.  Thinking seriously about taking the PS176 Map, reducing the CID to 96" in Constants, and seeing how this plays out.  This map is the 103" upgrade with 255 cams.  Might prove interesting!

Thanks again for any comments.

:up:

Blackbaggr

WV...

Not sure if it will happen but I think I read on another forum that DOC was urging Steve to release a calibration for the 96" with 26 cams....

WVULTRA

Quote from: dsanchez on April 25, 2009, 05:09:33 PM
WV...

Not sure if it will happen but I think I read on another forum that DOC was urging Steve to release a calibration for the 96" with 26 cams....

ds:

With the popularity of the TTS MasterTune and all the posts about throwing a set of cams in the 96 inchers, I think such a map would be a huge success!

Steve:  are you listening?

:idea: :up:

Steve Cole

YES, but there are only so many hours in a day! The difference front to rear is to be expected in a HD due to many things but the short intake and odd fireing order causes most of it.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.