Previous topic - Next topic

northbrun

Topend

Sounds like they want to sell some bikes!  :wink:
Topend95
95 cu in, Andrews 37,  Supertrapp mufflers, 42mm Mikuni, SE/Heads, Crane 4HTC

truck

:hyst: I hope they have more than one Chrome Consultant on duty. :crook:
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

HyperDetroit

Is chrome consultant something akin to an interior decorator?  :hyst:
Всё в руках божьих

03deuce

Ultrashovel

blindspot

The Big 3 have been doing this lately, too.  At least here they know they're likely to sell a ton more crap than the bike itself.

Traded my Fatboy for a Streetglide last month.  Wife had to get a new helmet and jacket 'cause we had a new bike.  Oh well.  At least I got a new bike out of the deal!  :wink:
Aurora, Colorado, USA

Bigs

Buying a new one from them would be a good deal if they mean Harley Davidson employee pricing at 20% off MSRP. Battlefield HD in Gettysburg, PA was selling new touring bikes for $2,000 off MSRP in March. They sold 42 bikes that month.
   Bigs

codyshop

Our local dealer/misanthrope is paying for your airline tickets if you buy from him.  Ray

Mi_RDGlide

Was at local dealer yesterday to buy a oil filter had 20% off on parts sale, bikes are still msrp plus freight. Salesman put a sold sign on a SG when I was there.
You only need to be 10% smarter than the thing your working on.

Redrubicon2004

So since we all know that one can buy any car under sticker/MSRP price and the dealer still makes a profit.  How much do you guys think a HD dealer makes on a bike sold at MSRP?  In the last 10-12 years, what would you say is the percentage of HD's sold at or above MSRP? 

Its about time we get to buy HD's below sticker!

Phu Cat

This dealer is doing what many others do, saying nothing.  Having the best 'financing team' is a far cry from having the best financing.  Needing 'an appointment' is optimistic on their part.  'Employee pricing' doesn't tell you much.  'Hurry in' tells you their appointments don't mean much either.  'Highest approval rating' for financing usually translates to a high interest rate.
I see just another gimmick.  Nice try, tho.

PC
Too much horsepower is almost enough.