May 01, 2024, 05:07:49 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

trumpet horn

Started by roadkingdresser, May 15, 2016, 12:52:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadkingdresser

anybody ever work on the power pack for a 6 volt trumpet horn? and have any luck getting it to work. thanks :potstir:
roadkingdresser

roadkingdresser

got a 1960flh4637 is it a 1200 or no?
roadkingdresser

fourthgear

I have played with a 12 volt power pak , on the Panhead I just sold , shouldn't be any different . There is an adj. procedure in the Manual , I found that even after adj. per Manual , it wouldn't work some times .( push Button contacts ? )
The procedure is a loud one , because you make adj. with the horn blaring the whole time  , if I recall correctly .  Make sure all connectors are clean . Sorry , but I don't have much other than whats in the manual . They sure sound good when they work correctly .

roadkingdresser

thanks. how about the engine is it a 1200 or no?
roadkingdresser

twincamzz

not all who wander are lost...

roadkingdresser

i'm  guessing it's pretty much stock. friend of mine picked it up and i'm getting it up and going for him. hadn't been run for 5 or more years. put gas in  it, primed it up and damn if that thing didn't start. had an oil leak at the pump. had to replace the gaskets. waiting on a wiring kit and a few other minor things and it should be back on the road again. thanks.
roadkingdresser

HogMike

Quote from: roadkingdresser on May 15, 2016, 12:52:48 PM
anybody ever work on the power pack for a 6 volt trumpet horn? and have any luck getting it to work. thanks :potstir:

Could be simple as giving it a whack if the electro magnet is stuck, see it there is any continuity across the leads?
Sometimes you can adjust the little screw on the back to adjust the horn volume, sometimes it's just toast.
Good luck.
:missed:
HOGMIKE
SoCal

roadkingdresser

Can't believe it! I drilled the rivets out of the horn and pried it apart. Cleaned the little do flickies up on the inside and put it back together. Hooked the wires to it and it really worked. :baby:
roadkingdresser