May 09, 2024, 02:49:11 AM

News:

What does line leveler do

Started by Dawgrgc1, May 20, 2016, 04:20:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dawgrgc1

I have a 2016 road glide special and added a high end speaker and amp. From my reading it seems harleys eq on the informant system is preventing it from being as good as it can be. Will a line leveler help that . I ran into a guy with a Addison digital processor and it was incredible but expensive and had to go in saddlebag. I was about to order one but want the scoop on line leveler a first thanks

lilchief

Did you end up going with the BT 2180? If so, BT has a line leveler that is supposed to work with that amp. UltraNutZ will chime in here I'm sure, but I think the leveler makes it so the amp will work with the HD 2ohm head unit, and therefore a flash isn't needed.

Lil Chief

Templer

Anyone tried a Butler AD2 tube preamp between head and amps? Low current draw 13.8vdc and handles a wide inpedence due to tube use.  :pop:

UltraNutZ

I've got the Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.3 in my configuration although it's not a 2014 - UP model.  The DSP units will do the same as the BT levelers just a lot more expensive but also much more granular control.  What I liked about the 3sixty.3 is the independent control of each of the eight speakers installed.

These levelers are not just a PAC adapters like most think.  These things are individually tuned prior to be packaged up and shipped by BT for these HK head units.

They are essentially using caps and coils to condition the signal before it gets to your amp as well as converts speaker line outputs to line level outputs
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

IronMike113

Would you happen to have a  diagram of that in particular set up ? Thanks in advance....... 😉
2 Bikes and 2 Beemers, that's what I have been told 😳

UltraNutZ

Quote from: IRONMIKE113 on June 07, 2016, 03:11:51 PM
Would you happen to have a  diagram of that in particular set up ? Thanks in advance....... 😉

not really a diagram but..
[attach=1]

UltraNutZ

so basically what I did was take 4 channel input to the 3sixty.3 then used RCA Y adapters coming out of the 3sixty.3 to each of the 4 channels on each tn4.900d

IronMike113

Yea a Little more in the trunk than what I'm willing to do for my tourin Buggy thanks ....... :SM:

UltraNutZ

oh and here's the finished product.  incognito.. just the way I like it.
[attach=1]

IronMike113

Thanks UN,that looks and I bet it  sounds GREAT.........  :smiled:🎷🎺🎸🎻🎼

just plain john

Quote from: UltraNutZ on June 07, 2016, 04:51:52 PM
oh and here's the finished product.  incognito.. just the way I like it.
[attach=1]
NutZ that looks great, nice work
05 FLHTCI