May 08, 2024, 04:17:35 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

What's This Code Mean?

Started by FXDL4ME, May 24, 2016, 12:30:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FXDL4ME

Went to re-start my bike after riding about 1/2 hour, and I get NOTHING from the starter button. Like I don't even have the key on. Bike was running fine, then this. I have lights and battery cables are nice and tight. I'm getting fault code B2121. What does this mean? Solution? Thanks!

Hossamania

Did you try wiggling the ignition switch? Kill button on? Sorry, no help with code.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

vafatboy1

Quote from: FXDL4ME on May 24, 2016, 12:30:48 PM
Went to re-start my bike after riding about 1/2 hour, and I get NOTHING from the starter button. Like I don't even have the key on. Bike was running fine, then this. I have lights and battery cables are nice and tight. I'm getting fault code B2121. What does this mean? Solution? Thanks!

From FuelMoto site

B2121 Starter output open

Coyote

Check the wiring to the starter solenoid.

DTC B2121 will set if starter solenoid circuit draws less
than 600 milliamps.

This is the smaller, control wire to the starter.

FXDL4ME

Just Nick

Quote from: FXDL4ME on May 24, 2016, 06:59:57 PM
Could it be a bad battery?

No
Check the green wire going to the top of the starter it's 1 green wire going to a white connector make sure it's plugged in all the way
I'm never wrong , once I thought I was wrong , but I was wrong

FXDL4ME

Well, the bike is still under warranty so it's at the dealer now. Just curious as to what that code means.

rigidthumper

I had one of these a few weeks back- same issue/same code- turned out to be a bad BCM.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?