new AMRA street dresser records. Reynolds GA.

Started by strokerjlk, May 24, 2016, 06:54:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strokerjlk

we ended up qualifying #2 behind Paul Vicory. Dave Denick and I ran the exact same ET during qualifying.I got the spot because of our MPH. 137.86 VS 131
Paul has built a new 4 5/8 stroke motor and re-used his B heads. he is absolutely flying. 9.871 and  140.37 are the new 1/4 mile records.

I felt pretty good about what we accomplished,given all the changes and problems we had. we would have broke the 1/4 MPH record,had paul not broke it too. :banghead:  thats racing

cracked the inter-cooler during T&T on sun. I had already made some changes to the clutch and shocks that caused me to go backward on the 60 and 1/8 times. so thrashing to change inter coolers didn't allow time to ease back the other way on that setup. front end stayed about 16 off the ground on the launch ,so we are making progress. 
i lost to Dave 1 st round . ran a 10.7 on the back up intercooler. Dave ran 10.4
below are the slips from Paul and I qualifying. and the new 1/4 mile records .. i am the slower one  :emsad:

A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory

kd

Considering what you describe happened and still running that close, I think you were a winner Jim. Lots of folks would have loaded up and watched  :soda: the rest of the races...... Good one  :up: :up: :up:
KD

strokerjlk

Quote from: kd on May 24, 2016, 08:04:43 PM
Considering what you describe happened and still running that close, I think you were a winner Jim. Lots of folks would have loaded up and watched  :soda: the rest of the races...... Good one  :up: :up: :up:
Thank you.
it was a chore just getting to the race this time. one thing after another  :banghead:

Black Diamond

Stay at it Jim.  It is great to see a man chase his passion!  Good job brother!

JW

strokerjlk

Quote from: Black Diamond on May 25, 2016, 04:42:22 AM
Stay at it Jim.  It is great to see a man chase his passion!  Good job brother!

JW
Thanks Jeff.

Jonny Cash

Those are some good passes!  Vicory sure is quick to the eighth, wish I could 60 like that.  Jim, your bike really pulls out the back!
Accurate information is expensive, rare and difficult to find!

strokerjlk

Quote from: Jonny Cash on May 25, 2016, 09:28:17 AM
Those are some good passes!  Vicory sure is quick to the eighth, wish I could 60 like that.  Jim, your bike really pulls out the back!
Thanks Jonny
Yes Paul is flying . His 60 's are the result of a good clutch setup . And he's a good rider/tuner  .

My 60 was a lot better before this change of setup . That made my 1/8 ET better . I still gained MPH in the 1/8 th .with this change , So I know there is a lot left there . I need to head back the other way a little .
Out the back door .
Yeah it's just getting going good then it's time to shut off .
Speaking of that .
FWIW . Incase you are going to Reynolds in July . The track is ruff and can literally suck you into a groove on the big end . Be carefull how you let off/ shut down . It has some pucker factor

Jonny Cash

I just got my 60 down to where it was before I re-geared it, but I have picked up 3/10 in the eighth so think I am heading the right way.  I have looked at that race in July, will just depend on my work schedule, I have a couple  big construction projects going right now.  I'm getting there slowly, but at least my ridinmg and rt's are coming around, I might make a half ass bracket racer.  I am hoping to run at Sikeston this Sunday, pretty decent payout.

strokerjlk

Quote from: Jonny Cash on May 25, 2016, 03:13:41 PM
I just got my 60 down to where it was before I re-geared it, but I have picked up 3/10 in the eighth so think I am heading the right way.  I have looked at that race in July, will just depend on my work schedule, I have a couple  big construction projects going right now.  I'm getting there slowly, but at least my ridinmg and rt's are coming around, I might make a half ass bracket racer.  I am hoping to run at Sikeston this Sunday, pretty decent payout.
3/10 in the 1/8 is huge . Nice job !
Good luck at sikeston. With your experience on the car side ,maybe look into a delay box setup ?those foreign bikes with boxs are tuff to beat , off the lever .
AMRA pays out 500.00 for E class win . And it's all lever bikes, if ya get a chance to come .

The FHO 7/17 Reynolds race is also paying out some big money ,if ya get your projects done .
There is a bracket race paying 1200.00 to win .
Street NA ,30 mile ride to track paying 1200.00
Street power adder , 30 mile ride to track paying 1200.00
Run what ya brung , no street ride , paying 1200.00

Smalley backed out on Kadifi , so the 10,000.00 grudge race is off .

Jonny Cash

I thought about a box, just now getting used to leaving off the two-step without the big wheel stand, think I have that handled. If I get my 60 to where  it ought to be, think I can get in the 6.90's.  Best so far is 7.20 with a 1.78 60'. I'm really happy with it, I think it runs pretty good for hauling my big ass, I go 280.  It gets really consistent if I back off the shift point to 6k, will run a .35 time after time.

strokerjlk

Quote from: Jonny Cash on May 27, 2016, 09:40:35 AM
I thought about a box, just now getting used to leaving off the two-step without the big wheel stand, think I have that handled. If I get my 60 to where  it ought to be, think I can get in the 6.90's.  Best so far is 7.20 with a 1.78 60'. I'm really happy with it, I think it runs pretty good for hauling my big ass, I go 280.  It gets really consistent if I back off the shift point to 6k, will run a .35 time after time.
could be a very competitive 10.90 bike. thats consistent enough to go a lot of rounds.

akjeff

Persistence pays off. Way to fix a malfunction, and press on Jim! :up:

Jeff
'09 FLTR/120R/'91 XL1250 street tracker project/'07 DR-Z400S

strokerjlk

Quote from: akjeff on May 28, 2016, 02:30:57 PM
Persistence pays off. Way to fix a malfunction, and press on Jim! :up:

Jeff
Thanks Jeff.
Intercooler is welded/fixed again . And I added another flex area, in the plumbing , so it shouldn't  crack again .
On the bright side the new design intercooler mount held up this race .

jam65

Keep the effort going Jim and I wish you the best in this drag racing season. It must be fun riding twins with different attitudes.