April 30, 2024, 07:30:42 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

No more Zumo 665, so what's best option for GPS AND Sirius?

Started by Eccool, June 14, 2016, 10:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eccool

I see that neither Harley or Zumo offers the 665 anymore.  So now, what is the best option to get GPS and Sirius?  Would like to do it through one device, if that's possible.  If not, open to all suggestions.  09 FLHTC.  Thanks!

UltraNutZ

not many support sirius any longer.  They've all adapted to bluetooth so you can stream whatever you want from your phone.  with that being said, lots are simply using their phones for GPS units now as well.  Heck even Garmin and TomTom now have phone apps for Android and i.X devices.

Garmin 665LM can still be had new from many places online, Amazon would be my first thought.
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

biglew55

One thing I noticed on my new z590; It has a line-in so you can pipe music into it and then out to the head unit.  I am considering a cheap SiriusXM unit for my ride to do just that.

This way, my GPS will still interrupt the XM signal.  And I don't have to buy the $400 HD xm module.

I know they're still 2 separate units, but it's something to consider.
2020 FLHTK - 2018 BMW R1200 GSA - 1965 FLHFB
IBA #595