May 01, 2024, 10:44:01 PM

News:

Panhead case I.D.?

Started by codyshop, June 21, 2016, 01:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

codyshop

Trying to figure out who made these cases and when.  Someone said the grandson of the "Flying Merkel" company founder had a shop in the seventies and did these.   anyone?

Speeding Big Twin

drifter

I've been waiting for someone to volunteer a plausible sounding answer before I wrote this.  Back in the late 80's I was paid to hang around in an indie bike shop doing parts and tune-ups and various other stuff in Texas.  The shop did about all brands and the real machinists and mechanics were pretty good.  There were a lot of knucks, pans, shovels, double engine HD and kawasaki speed bikes and whatever came in the door.  All this background because if I remember correctly one of those came in and there was some discussion as to the maker.  The name "Marvel" (sp) was the preferred answer, but I can't remember any details as to why so don't bet the ranch on it.

Deye76

What came to mind was Larry McEachern from Cal Products. I know he made replacement left side cases.  also made complete cases, called Bonneville cases as well as the almost impossible to find generator electric start inner primary case.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

FSG

QuoteI've been waiting for someone to volunteer a plausible sounding answer before I wrote this.

QuoteI sent you a PM.
Eric

My guess the plausible sounding answer was in that PM. Google sheds some light on the subject, maybe Eric will tell the rest of us what he thinks.