April 30, 2024, 03:35:35 PM

News:

Harley Day at Alaska Raceway Park

Started by akjeff, July 04, 2016, 09:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akjeff

For any of you fellow Alaskans(or Lower 48er's who don't mind a long ride!  :SM:). Should be a fun day!

http://www.harleyalaska.com/--xListEvents?id=234887

Jeff
'09 FLTR/120R/'91 XL1250 street tracker project/'07 DR-Z400S

2006FXDCI

Best of luck Jeff ! Post your slips and some pics if ya can .
2006 Super glide 107" , 2005 electra glide 124"

akjeff

Thanks Josh, will do. Hoping for no rain! Bike is running well. The dealer had a dyno shootout a few weeks ago, and my bike won the American bike category with pull of 131. Need lots of practice to get that power to the road, without turning it into heat/smoke! :embarrassed:

Jeff

2006FXDCI

Congrats on the dyno shootout win Jeff ! Now put that power to the ground  :chop:

akjeff

Thanks Josh. Unfortunately, the race got cancelled due to a tech problem with the starting lights. :doh: Real bummer, as the weather was perfect. Got in four T&T runs before the lights failed. Made it into the 12's on my last run, which was my goal, but it sure would have been nice to race. They rescheduled, but I doubt I'll get another weekend off any time soon. Oh well. Still jazzed to get in the 12's anyway! 12.76Sec/107.5MPH

Jeff

I'm in lane 1.
[attach=0]

Jonny Cash

Accurate information is expensive, rare and difficult to find!

2006FXDCI

Congrats on getting into the 12's Jeff ! Great job  :chop:

akjeff

strokerjlk

Quote from: akjeff on July 17, 2016, 06:41:51 PM
Thanks Josh. Unfortunately, the race got cancelled due to a tech problem with the starting lights. :doh: Real bummer, as the weather was perfect. Got in four T&T runs before the lights failed. Made it into the 12's on my last run, which was my goal, but it sure would have been nice to race. They rescheduled, but I doubt I'll get another weekend off any time soon. Oh well. Still jazzed to get in the 12's anyway! 12.76Sec/107.5MPH

Jeff

I'm in lane 1.
[attach=0]
:beer: .... hope ya get another shot this season.
our local track is going through a struggle with lights on one lane. causing a big problem. the owner is busted,and it looks like he may close. sucks.he leases the track. its for sale and neither him or the owner, want to put money into it for obvious reasons. :banghead:
A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory

prodrag1320

lost a VERY nice track in southern Indiana right around where I used to live,its a shame.more folks need to get out & support local dragstrips

Jonny Cash

Quote from: prodrag1320 on August 02, 2016, 04:29:40 AM
lost a VERY nice track in southern Indiana right around where I used to live,its a shame.more folks need to get out & support local dragstrips

I assume you're talking about Lyons, it is a shame that track closed, one of the nicer tracks around.  Some of their racers have been showing up at my local track, as well as Chandler has re-opened.  The problem I am seeing here in southern IL is we have 4 tracks all within an hours drive of each other and they all run on the same night, splitting up the car counts, and just a few bikes at each track.
Accurate information is expensive, rare and difficult to find!

westcomb

I used to have a track 5 miles from my house that also shut down about 10 years ago ............ Sucks! but there are still two other tracks about a hour away from me but I spent almost every weekend at the close one for about 8 years ....... Sure do miss that track!  :emsad:

prodrag1320

Quote from: Jonny Cash on August 02, 2016, 05:55:49 AM
Quote from: prodrag1320 on August 02, 2016, 04:29:40 AM

I assume you're talking about Lyons, it is a shame that track closed, one of the nicer tracks around.  Some of their racers have been showing up at my local track, as well as Chandler has re-opened.  The problem I am seeing here in southern IL is we have 4 tracks all within an hours drive of each other and they all run on the same night, splitting up the car counts, and just a few bikes at each track.

yea,we did a nitro HD show there once & I used to test there from time to time,ran a 4.61 @ 162 there once (was a M/C track record till a guy with a jap funny bike went a bit faster ,4.50 something I think)

akjeff

Quote from: strokerjlk on August 01, 2016, 10:40:01 PM
Quote from: akjeff on July 17, 2016, 06:41:51 PM

Jeff

I'm in lane 1.
[attach=0]
:beer: .... hope ya get another shot this season.
our local track is going through a struggle with lights on one lane. causing a big problem. the owner is busted,and it looks like he may close. sucks.he leases the track. its for sale and neither him or the owner, want to put money into it for obvious reasons. :banghead:

Thanks Jim :beer: Not looking good at the moment. Busy as hell at work. Haven't had a day off since the cancelled race. Track closes Labor Day weekend. That'll be my last shot at it, till next Memorial Day, when the track reopens. Hope the rest of your season goes well! :up:

Jeff