upgrade for 2013 shark suggestions

Started by hi$toy, July 09, 2016, 01:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hi$toy

Bike is 2013 roadglide kustom with BOOM AUDIO  kit with rear boom lids and speakers, crappy HK headunit, want to upgrade head unit to something better, suggestions and what is needed, been drooling over BIKETRONICS kits but not sure what to get, suggestions please....Would like something to use with Sirus, Bluetooth etc...

Dr Len

Arseclown

I bought a biketronics amp for my 2013 fltrx. And aec audio 602 motor speakers and gonna run things with a Sony mex-70bt head unit. Limited my head unit choice to those with reverse displays (ie black text on white background) so you can see it with increased glare with the road glide fairing. It also has the advantage of front and rear usb inputs and 5v pre outs.

oc357

I have the Sony Mex-70 and like it, 5 volt RCA output, bluetooth etc. That being said once I used the USB to run my Ipod it started having issues connecting to my iPhone with the bluetooth. It has an app so you can tune it etc.

When this one goes I am leaning towards the Aquatics, it is waterproof, has a shelf for your music device inside the radio and doesn't require an interface kit to keep your handlebar controls. I have a friend who bought one and is running a similar set up (DD VO 6.5/Hertz Horns) and it sounded on par with mine.

lonewolf

I have the Alpine BT 149. It has all the outputs out the back and has great visibility (I like to see the clock). Using the VTwin mount and cover. Finally after 3 decks I'm happy.