May 12, 2024, 01:54:47 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Put a Petcock on Fi tank

Started by hd06, July 10, 2016, 08:55:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hd06

I have a 2000 RG tank and I want to put a the original petcock on my tank. I need to drill out my tank so the filter/reserve will fit in the tank. I tried adapter but the hole too small for filter to fit in.       thanks

Ancient

I did the Pingel petcock on my 2000 and the screen was snug where it was glued but it went in.
Greg

RK103

I chucked the kwik connects in the lathe, gutted them, turned them back flush the drilled and tapped 1/4npt. bought a 1/4npt pingel.

hd06

I  want to use OEM because it is vacuum operated 

Hossamania

Quote from: hd06 on July 10, 2016, 04:04:22 PM
I  want to use OEM because it is vacuum operated

That is the reason I don't use OEM.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

hd06

OEM has a vacuum assist, If I forget to shut it off and if it float don't stick and fills my crank case with gas. I know that's alot of if's but if happened to me before.

hd06

Hossamania

I understand. I've seen two fail when the vacuum stopped working properly, but it is not like they all fail. Just something to be aware of. Usually older units.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

hd06

PC_Hater

You may have seen my posts from a few weeks on ago on converting my 1999 FLTRI to carb.
The standard HD vacuum operated fuel tap 61338-94D can be fitted to the 1999 fuel tank using the Pingel MM EFI conversion kit and a bit of surgery on the plastic fuel filter.
BUT once you have that tap connected to the tank you can't fit the tank on the bike!
The fuel tap is so large it hits the fins on the rear cylinder head, holding the back of the tank a good half an inch or so high.

I was on a tight schedule and had to borrow a Honda to go to Germany, and now I am back I will be ordering a Pingel fuel tap.
Is the 2000 RG tank so very different externally? If it is, you may well get away with using the HD vacuum fuel tap.
1942 WLA45 chop, 1999 FLTR(not I), 2000 1200S

hd06

I had a Pingel vacuum fuel tap it hit top fin on my RG, sent it back.