Need help with zippers Tmax/auto tune...

Started by philmcc, April 14, 2009, 05:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philmcc

This is Sailor285...I need a simple expanation to do an auto tune with the T max....I use the TTS myself and have gotten pretty familiar with it..Phil has the T max on his 06 bagger trike..Loaded a base map with his compenents ...Has true duals with OXy sensors in it. I'm trying to help him do a base tune ..Scanned through a billion pages of instructions and still havent got to the basics of an auto tune...Any help greatly appreciated....Dan

nc-renegade

Quote from: philmcc on April 14, 2009, 05:58:47 PM
This is Sailor285...I need a simple expanation to do an auto tune with the T max....I use the TTS myself and have gotten pretty familiar with it..Phil has the T max on his 06 bagger trike..Loaded a base map with his compenents ...Has true duals with OXy sensors in it. I'm trying to help him do a base tune ..Scanned through a billion pages of instructions and still havent got to the basics of an auto tune...Any help greatly appreciated....Dan

The T-max will tune to the target AFR in the closed loop maps for each RPM versus TPS (unless you have AFR overide map checked).  The key is to ride the bike in different RPM and TPS ranges to allow the unit to tune properly.  This takes time.  Also remember that the unit will only tune a max. of 25% of base map.  So if your base map is way off, it might never tune in certain areas.  The solution to that is to analyze the autotune points and look for areas that have maxed out.  The best thing to do is to then write these "learned fuel offsets" back to the EFU.  This establishes a new base map that Autotune can use to continue it's adjustments.  With regards to the 25% of base map, the unit also will only tune 10% during each session.  A session is defined as one start/finsh cycle.  Solution to this is to ride for about 30 minutes, then turn bike off and back on.

For timing adjustments, I find the dyno really the only way to max the timing.  You can make spot adjustments by noting the problem area and then adjust the timing in that area once stopped.

Hope this helps.  The V-twin forum has an extensive section on the T-max that might be helpful.
107ci, 11:1,T-Man Stage 3 Heads, T-Man TR-662 cam, HPI 51mm TB, Feuling plate/SP

Sailor285

Thanks for the info ..Both Phil and I are on the road....We'll see if we can get this tuned better now...Thanks again....Dan