April 27, 2024, 01:11:47 AM

News:

2002 TSSM security system

Started by Rdump, July 25, 2016, 08:43:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rdump

I just bought a 2002 FXDWG3 from my local HD dealership, and they said it didn't have a security system on it but it came with a key fob.  I did some checking online and by going into the setup it says I have the TSSM system on it.  I got new battery for the fob, married fob to system, it did confirm.  However, the system wont arm or anything.  And I cant seem to get to the PIN setup in case of a lost fob.  And all they said at the dealer is I'd have to make an appointment with service.

vafatboy1

The security system siren is an option. If not installed you will only get a double flash of the turn signals when arming and single flash when disarming

Karl H.

July 25, 2016, 10:08:26 AM #2 Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 10:19:35 AM by Karl H.
[attach=0]

[attachimg=4]
Dyna Wide Glide '03, Softail Deluxe '13, Street Glide '14, Sportster 883R '15

Rdump

Karl,
thanks, I'll give that a try when I get home tonight.  the other instructions I saw apperently for a newer model and I was looking for the code to come up on the odometer.

VAfatboy,
not sure yet about the siren, would be nice to have.  this whole towns a little rough.  but the fob wont flash lights or anything.

Rdump

July 25, 2016, 04:43:31 PM #4 Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 04:45:38 PM by Rdump
Okay, I tried doing the PIN, the key fob is assigned, with verification so I know the key fobs working. I found another site that had all the instructions for doing all the things for the system. The problem is anything having to do with pressing the key fob button it's like the key fob won't work. It's a brand new battery and I saw the verification on the key fob assignment so I know the fob itself is working. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Hossamania

Don't bother with the security system and just lock it like the good old days?
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Rdump

I guess so.  A little background, this is my first Harley, and I'm getting used to having to shut it off then get the key out to lock it as oppossed to having to take the key out and it's already locked.  A worse case scenario is not worry about it.  it's not causing a problem with the bike starting, it just wont arm.