April 30, 2024, 05:39:13 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Radio Switching Functions By Itself

Started by Mikeg, July 25, 2016, 09:44:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikeg

So I have come across a new problem with my Harman Kardon radio, I have an iPod shuffle mounted to the right hand control housing on my 2012 Ultra Classic. I run a cable from the iPod to the AUX port in the radio. Last week when I started the bike the AUX port changed by itself to the Weather Band; the iPod was playing when this happened. It took about four times of switching it back to AUX before it stayed there. Now it happens almost every time I start the bike and it takes about four tries of switching from WB to AUX before it stays on AUX.  Anyone with a similar problem? I am going to get some electric contact cleaner and clean out the AUX port with a q-tip and clean the cable leads to see if that solves the issue.

Thanks

UltraNutZ

Mikeg.  yes sir that's a good start with the aux port.

might want to get you a rag and wrap around your right handlebar controls also to catch over spray then soak the mode button real well.  It might be failing, dirty, or a bad wire inside.

Changed handlebars by chance?
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

Mikeg

UltraNutZ,

No, the handlebars have not been changed.  I did think about a faulty of worn mode button but didn't think to spray that down too. I will try cleaning soaking the mode switch and clean the AUX port and see what happens.

Mike

Knight

I had this issue on an 07 ultra while it was still under warranty so I let the dealer handle it under warranty, It took them 5 tries to figure out 2 wires were smashed in the fairing from the factory..  It wasn't easy to find but when it was found it was obvious, After the repair I never had another issue with that bikes audio system (still own it) HTH