April 30, 2024, 11:33:09 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Fuel Additive

Started by BP, April 15, 2009, 03:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BP

Does anyone use a fuel additive with pump gas?  If so what kind,lead,octane booster,etc. ?

stroker800

I know guys have put lead additive in they're fuel,,,but this was due to the heads not being converted for unleaded gas...I had put in octane once ,, my motor guy said bad idea..I run hi test only and try to avoid gas with ethanol or methanol.
Dave

NormL

Cracky
Swanton, Vermont

MMOCGuy

No fuel additive other than STABIL.

Norm.

easyricer

I run some Berrymans fuel system cleaner in about every 3rd or 4th tank on all my bikes and I run the Rocket fuel in my twinkie. (that darned thing runs like crap with out it.)
I have not added anything to the fuel of the Shovel yet. No need to as far as I can tell. Runs great, starts in 3 kicks or less, so no need to worry there.
EASY
Just ride the damned thing!

blackbeard 60

i allways put a cap full of 50 w oil in every fill up . keeps things lubricated works very well. :smiled:

shov60

I like to use a product called Sea Foam they have it at auto zone seems to work well on engines the require an additive and I use it every fouth fillup an ounce per gallon.

Mule

I use liquid Horse power in the summer  when it is 100 plus degrees. I get a little detonation when it's really hot and and crack it under a load in the lower RPM range, 9.5 to 1 compression, this stuff cures it. Don't know what it's got in it but it works. I run a little Marvel mystery oil in the Pans as they like to stick intake valves in the heat...Mule...

oldhippie765

lower compression helps. carying xtras take all the fun out of riden.