April 30, 2024, 03:14:49 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

She's doin good!

Started by easyricer, April 16, 2009, 05:23:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

easyricer

My sister was over this week end with all the kids and got her first look at my old bike. She said "That's a Betsie!" So the ol gal now has her name. As far as I  can tell Betsie is a real lady. She don't give me much fuss, she likes to ride as much as I do. She don't care much about the weather. I put the new mufflers on yesterday and she starts n runs even better now. I little torquier even, but nice n quiet.
With about 57 miles on the clock, I been riding her to work every day this week. She's marking her territory. Got 2 or 3 leaks I need to look into. But other than that ain't got a bunch of maintenance issues. The chain and sprockets will need to be replaced. From what the previous owner told me it's still the one it left the factory with. While I was installing the mufflers yesterday at the shop it gave me a good chance to get a good look at it. The teeth are getting worn and the chain is about done with.

EASY
Just ride the damned thing!

blackbeard 60

nice old ride. really like those fishtails :wink:

76shuvlinoff

looking good!

I don't know how tall you are but does that sprung seat get you up in the air? I am only  5'8" and I lowered my flh about an inch to get my feet flat.  I know that sprung solo would ride softer but I'm afraid I'd be on my toes at a stop.

Mark
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

pappyfreebird

April 16, 2009, 07:08:27 AM #3 Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 07:11:07 AM by pappyfreebird
dayum easy...thats turnin out really sweet...class act lookin ols cooler,,,jus wud i dig the most..
hey sns i ain ony bout inch taller then you n i run a sprung solo 12" shocks n i do fine..shes mounted back 2''s n is quicki release ta swtich out ta lepara azz killer er my mustang..i r runnin tryun ta out run the tail bone numbwilley issues (long story guys leave it alone wahahaha)

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

70weight

Lookin classy easy...fine ol shuvel! :up:
Can't drink all day if ya don't start in the mornings.

easyricer

Thanks Ya'll. I been wantin this bike for a great many years (ya this one bike) I've loved it from the first time I'd seen it. I got the pleasure of riding her for servicing about twice a year then drop her back off at home. I was the last one to ride her the last time I serviced this lil lady. He just quit riding all together I guess.
Of course with less than 30k on the clock, he never really rode her much to start with huh?
Mark, the sprung solo is there only to fill in for the buddy seat while its being reupholstered. Soon as I got that back then I'll see how I like it. I do love the solo though. It's just super smooth! For some odd reason this ONE Shovel does not vibrate at all. Someone back in 75 must have really gave a damn or got real lucky! She's always been like that. The motor has never been opened.  I'm 5'9 and I can stand at a light flat footed with the 6 inch springs. (30 inch inseam) With the stock buddy seat I couldn't though so I had them cut 2 inches of padding out of it before recovering it. It'll still be a little tall for me but at least I'll get my feet down. I'll probably order a mustang seat for it also but not yet. My girls are buggin for a ride on it, but I gotta get it ready for them first. Still gotta get the buddy pegs and brackets.

vern

hey easy. thanks for the post. i've been watching your build and you 've done a great job. i love old shovels. enjoy the season. vern

pappyfreebird

heres a mustang baggar seat...innerested? lookun fer 75 + ship shes got a ding in the skirt on one side but doesnt effect seat n hard ta notice

pappyfreebird

heres the nick

70weight

Paps, looks like the same seat I have on my ol shuvel. Most comfortable seat I've had.
Can't drink all day if ya don't start in the mornings.

pappyfreebird

yeup they is sweet ain they chapster,,, n lil on the low side too,,,n very spendee

easyricer

Pappy, I really appreciate that but right now I just ain't got the money. When getting this ol gal back on the road I robbed as much as I could from my parts pile rather than buy new.  All I bought so far is just the mufflers and the bags. Everything else is factory or I made it.
If the money situation gets better, I'll keep it in mind though, if you still have it.