April 27, 2024, 04:51:00 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

OT: 1976 Detriot Tigers "The Bird" Mark Fidrych, Died this week here in Ma.

Started by ΚĜΗΟŜΤ, April 16, 2009, 07:43:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ΚĜΗΟŜΤ

Mark Fidrych, Many of you may remember was a pitcher for the Detroit Tigers in the late '70s his nickname was " THE BIRD ".

I grew up with him as he lived 5 houses down from me here in Massachusetts and he was one of the good guys. A person everyone liked and respected. I do not believe he had one enemy!! Not one.

Here is a link with some details...................He will be missed by all and I do mean all!!

http://www.communityadvocate.com/news/2009/0417/front_page/006.html

KGHOST
Member since 2004

Deye76

Yes he was a GOOD MAN. Never complained, and even after retirement gave back to this area (S.E. Michigan) by his involvement with Wertz Warriors (charitable group) each winter. I loved going to Tiger Stadium to watch him pitch.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

MrClean

These are the facts according to my opinions.

ΚĜΗΟŜΤ

I went to the wake last night, Took 3 1/2 hours just to get in the church. Several houndred, maybe more, friends came by to say goodbye................. :emsad:

KGHOST

Member since 2004

Dennis The Menace

K, yes I am old enough to remember watching him back in the day.  He was a pretty consistent pitcher, and seemed like very professional ball player.  He was to young to leave us so soon.

Good you got to know him and share that we has a good man.  I suppose a lot of the athletes are, but then you hae guys like Jay Cutler who just left us here in Denver.....not much of a respectable man like Fidrych.

Thanks for sharing your story of him.  Wish Ihad known him too.

Dennis

Deye76

What a terrible way to go. I work construction and have witnessed clothing getting caught in an auger, so could only imagine a driveshaft on a truck.........way more torque, no way out. God Bless.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP