May 02, 2024, 01:58:19 PM

News:

New tuners

Started by rigidthumper, August 23, 2016, 11:24:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rigidthumper

Look a LOT like the old tuners- I updated both SEST and SEPST programs, and the street tuner has the same limits as the old street tuner, and the new SE Pro tuner works/looks just like the emissions defeat device that they paid millions in fines for?  Maybe it's non-North America only?  :wtf:
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

BVHOG

Quote from: rigidthumper on August 23, 2016, 11:24:34 AM
Look a LOT like the old tuners- I updated both SEST and SEPST programs, and the street tuner has the same limits as the old street tuner, and the new SE Pro tuner works/looks just like the emissions defeat device that they paid millions in fines for?  Maybe it's non-North America only?  :wtf:

Wondering the same thing myself, there are cals for the new Mil 8 touring bikes in the latest software update.
If you don't have a sense of humor you probably have no sense at all.

harleytuner

Quote from: BVHOG on August 23, 2016, 05:42:45 PM

Wondering the same thing myself, there are cals for the new Mil 8 touring bikes in the latest software update.

I haven't done the upgrade yet, (need to do it on a lap top that I don't use with the dyno) but I was told that there are calibrations for the Mil 8 on them. 

rigidthumper

rigidthumper

It will allow loading/editing of all the old cals, too. Don't know what flashing capability is yet.

KE5RBD

I have the new Pro Street Tuner software installed.  It uninstalled the old street tuner software.  It does use the same LT0 extension.  Looked at some of the tunes and the adjust ability  is basically the same as the Street tuner was. You can only adjust the VE's, Spark advance, Throttle Progressivity, and Spark to temp table. 
My Pro Super Tuner software updated tonight and it has the Milwaukee 8 tunes in it also.  Looked at some of them and they can all be adjusted just like the original Pro Super Tuner does.  Bet that won't last long.  They are all 723 strategy which is new.
2019 FLHTK Hammock Seat S&S MK 45 Slip ons Street Tuner.

Herko

Robin,

Curious, in the 723 cals, are there any tables for control/set points for the dual pattern injectors.
If so, maybe a screen shot or two?
IMO these injectors show promise that we did not have before for improvement in a few areas.

Thanks,
John
Considering a power upgrade?
First and foremost, focus on your tuning plan.

rigidthumper

No direct injector manipulation table that I see. 

Herko

Quote from: rigidthumper on August 25, 2016, 07:39:56 AM
No direct injector manipulation table that I see.

OK, Thanks.

ferrari99

Updated my SEST and now VCI not recognized. Tried several times and even downloaded on another laptop, same result. Then updated SE pro tuner and VCI now recognized it and connects to ECM and I downloaded race CAL. with my SEST.  VCI still wont connect with SEST software !!!! Someone screwed up or did i find a bug???

remington007

I upgraded to the newest version ,10 from 9. All of my VCI downloads, Smart tune files were removed. Also i keep all my tune files separate from the Big Twin file, they were lost too. Good thing i keep my files backed up. Heads up before you update.

harleytuner

I noticed the AFR tables top out at 5K

Herko

August 25, 2016, 04:48:10 PM #12 Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 04:57:12 PM by Herko
Delete--

98fxstc

Quote from: remington007 on August 25, 2016, 07:53:30 AM
I upgraded to the newest version ,10 from 9. All of my VCI downloads, Smart tune files were removed. Also i keep all my tune files separate from the Big Twin file, they were lost too. Good thing i keep my files backed up. Heads up before you update.

Probably a good idea to have the software installed on two different PC's
There may be a few nasty surprises down the track
I tried to keep two versions going on the same PC , didn't work (File sharing conflict ?)

BVHOG

Quote from: harleytuner on August 25, 2016, 01:12:24 PM
I noticed the AFR tables top out at 5K
Noticed that too yet the ve goes to 6500 and the spark tables to 8 grand.
If you don't have a sense of humor you probably have no sense at all.

HV

They say the newer Tuners will be completely different then either the Super tuner or Street Tuner....I Know the Street Tuner installed a Speed limit of 170 KMPH
HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

rigidthumper

The stage downloads were always speed limited to 110 MPH.

KE5RBD

I have the new Pro street tuner software installed and the maps for the 17's are in there.  They are identical to the old Street tuner maps and even have the same extension LT0.  I opened some old street tuner tunes with it.  Don't know if you can install any of them.  I also have never seen a MPH limit on a SE tuner.  Lot of them with canned maps won't go over 90 MPH unless you fix the timing and VE tables then it will. Don't go over 22 degrees in the WOT area above 3500 rpms and make sure it has plenty of fuel in the VE's 105 to 125 depending on the build will get you there.  The PV can limit the top speed in each gear, but same tables don't show up in SE software.
2019 FLHTK Hammock Seat S&S MK 45 Slip ons Street Tuner.

HV

From Fuel Moto FB Page ...its built in to the Cals....no option to change it ( Yet ) [attach=0]
Skype HV.HTT

harleytuner

Quote from: HV on August 27, 2016, 02:52:20 AM
From Fuel Moto FB Page ...its built in to the Cals....no option to change it ( Yet ) [attach=0]

Steve Cole already removed the speed limiter with TTS.  He's writing calibrations  already.

Durwood

I'm betting that Dynojet and Fuel moto already have calibrations ready to go as well..

hattitude

Quote from: Durwood on August 27, 2016, 07:35:15 PM
I'm betting that Dynojet and Fuel moto already have calibrations ready to go as well..

Jaime (FuelMoto) started a thread on another forum. They have a 2017, have been able to read & write to the ECM w/ PowerVision, did baseline dyno runs, and are now working on tuning strategies.... He seemed impressed with both the engine as is.... and the potential..

ultraswede

Steve at TTS has posted log files from M8 testing on another forum.
TTS also seems hard at work on the M8.

HV

Ill wait for the PV Thank You  :up: :SM:
Skype HV.HTT

harleytuner

Quote from: HV on August 28, 2016, 03:41:18 AM
Ill wait for the PV Thank You  :up: :SM:

So you bought a '17?  How do you like it?