April 27, 2024, 12:13:43 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

04 RG "Bad Disc"

Started by 04Glider2, August 26, 2016, 05:18:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

04Glider2

That about says it. 2004 Road Glide using factory OEM CD's and I get the bad disc warning and no play.
Factory head unit. I have the PBR300X4, DXI 6.5's with the separate tweeters and DXI 6X9's up top and DXI 6X9's facing into the forks. Sounded good when it was working. The radio plays and I can use the aux in from my Garmin 550 (gets a little ignition noise though, bad wire?)
Anyway, it looks like a new head unit will be a better choice than a repair.
Opinions on the Kenwood KMR-M315BT? No CD, but does it matter? Less extra stuff to carry (disc wise)
I will be getting someones kit to use the handlebar controls as well.
Open to suggestions on any head unit that may work better with my amp/speaker setup.
Install pics here:
http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/04Glider2/library/New%20BIke%20Mods/04%20Road%20Glide%20Stereo%20Upgrade
Thanks as always

BamBusa

I thought I'd miss the CD, but I use my Bluetooth to connect to my Kenwood or load up a 64Gb sdcard or thumb drive.

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

Quicksilver

Get a new aftermarket head unit that you can plug a memory stick into the font of and put all your tunes on that.   WAY better.

04Glider2

Ok, I now have the Bike Tronics install kit and looking for a new head unit.
The Kenwood shows 2.5V RCA outputs, but I see that 5V is the recommended voltage to help with signal to noise ratio from the amp.
How important is that with the RF amp and being on a bike system besides? Not the best sound theater to start with.
Also I am having trouble finding a HU with 5V RCA's on the rear.
Any thoughts on this?