April 28, 2024, 08:03:55 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Feedback on upgrading 2013 stereo

Started by 89 fxrs, August 28, 2016, 04:22:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

89 fxrs

was wanting to upgrade my stereo on a 2013 Road glide - using the stock head unit I was considering the Biketronics  BT2180 Amp & Fairing Speaker Package or the J&M Rocker  XXR 330w 2-ch Amp kit with the J&M ROKKER XXR 7.25" Fairing Speaker Kit w/Grill Mounted Midrange/Tweeter - any feedback or other ideas would be appreciated - FXRS
Pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

UltraNutZ

Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

89 fxrs

UltraNutZ, do you have any experience with the Biketronics  BT2180 Amp & Fairing Speaker Package - seems to be the choice of a lot of people - but I'm not familiar with their products, is this a good setup or is there something else that they make that you would recommend? 

UltraNutZ

I have installed at least 40 of the BT setups over the past couple of years so yeah i have a little experience with them.  :bike:

FloridaJim5

Quote from: UltraNutZ on August 28, 2016, 05:58:55 PM
I have installed at least 40 of the BT setups over the past couple of years so yeah i have a little experience with them.  :bike:

Thinking about amp and four speakers for my '13 Ultra.  Is BT a plug and play system?   

UltraNutZ

[89 fxrs]
sorry let me elaborate a little more now that I'm in front of a computer.

I've installed many systems over the past couple of years that sound great.  2 speaker, 4 speaker, 1 amp, 2 amp, DSP controllers, etc.  Kenwood, Sony, Pioneer, Infinity, Polk Audio, Diamond Audio, Hogtunes, J&M, Alpine, Soundstream, Acoustik, BT, and the list is quite a bit longer.  There are many people who just can never get enough but with me it was always about "THAT" system.  BT is THAT system as far as I'm concerned.  Excellent products; amps, speakers, controllers, kits, customer service, lifetime warranty, etc. all 2nd to none.  As it's been referred to many time throughout the years, Once and Done is what I call their systems.

[FloridaJim5]
I always tell people when you place your order to pick up the phone and talk to someone to make sure all your bases are covered and that's regardless of who you're buying from.  Yes their systems are PnP.

FloridaJim5

azlou66

really depends on how much time any $$$ you want to put into your stereo. For a very good PNP system you can't go wrong with BT. On the other hand if you like to DIY and research you can get plain silly with MC audio, ask me how I know. :potstir: :potstir: :potstir:
Anything less then overkill is under achievement.

UltraNutZ

Quote from: azlou66 on August 29, 2016, 06:25:39 PM
really depends on how much time any $$$ you want to put into your stereo. For a very good PNP system you can't go wrong with BT. On the other hand if you like to DIY and research you can get plain silly with MC audio, ask me how I know. :potstir: :potstir: :potstir:

yeah I knew that wouldn't take long.   :SM:

as stated, if you want more than a PnP setup, then the sky is the limit - well your wallet too. 

89 fxrs

UltraNutZ -  thanks for your input - I'm going to give BT a try - FXRS

Hossamania

I just looked up Biketronics products. BT2180 amp and 2 speaker package for 2013 models, $649. For 2014 up, $949.
BT4180, 4 speaker, $949.
I don't find those prices outrageous. If I saved $300 on a lesser system, but it sucked, what good is that?
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.