May 09, 2024, 09:31:00 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

New member from Northern Michigan

Started by SanB2013, September 03, 2016, 07:17:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SanB2013

Hello from from the northern L.P.  I have a new to me 1976 FXE.  I bought this bike this spring to fill in for my ridged knuckle after taking it apart to rebuild and reconfigure.  I realized the rebuild wasn't going to be back together any time to soon so decided I better get something to ride. Planning to retire shortly and don't want to be without a running bike once I have lot's of time to ride. I've now been fixing some of the little things on the FXE that have been neglected over the years and found this site Googling around looking for repair tips and have found a ton of useful information here.  So sharpen up your Shovelhead knowledge and thanks in advance because this thing needs lots of TLC.
1976 FXE

SixShooter14

Howdy welcome from Arkansas.

I'm sure you've found the Shovel section. Some good information there. If you get stumped, don't hesitate to ask, someone is bound to be able to help ya.
'97 Road King, Rinehart True Dual, HSR42, 10:1, EVL3010, 2000i

Ohio HD

eh? you mean southern Canada?     :hyst:

[attach=0]

moose

take it from me I have a 04 softail and a 50 pan to put together    I retired 8 years ago when I hit 60 and still don't have time to put them together  so I bought 2 more

welcome anyway
Moose aka Glenn-

mel

Welcome. I'm also in the northern LP (retired) and regard winter as a great opportunity to tear into my bikes once I dig a path to my shop.
1988 Low Rider Sport, 2001 Road King
USAF MSgt Retired 1969-1989

SanB2013

Yep, after this weekend I'll be bringing in the water hoses and prepping the snow blower.  I have the garage cleaned and a decent size area to begin working on the bikes once the snow begins.  And if all goes well when spring comes around I'll not have them up and running and will just have to buy another one.
1976 FXE

mel

That's one strategy to increase the motor pool.
1988 Low Rider Sport, 2001 Road King
USAF MSgt Retired 1969-1989

IndianBOB

welcome aboard from New Mexico!

i also have a 75 FXE (bone stock) so holler if you need any conversation   or a reference photo.

i spent some time in the U.P. and thoroughly enjoyed the 200" of snow every winter and the fantastic car hooding/ice fishing/hunting opportunities. what i'd give for a finish pastie or a smelt hero!

butttttt.....I now thoroughly enjoy even more riding 360 days/year!

take care and good luck,

SanB2013

Quote from: IndianBOB on September 05, 2016, 05:22:04 PM
welcome aboard from New Mexico!

i also have a 75 FXE (bone stock) so holler if you need any conversation   or a reference photo.

i spent some time in the U.P. and thoroughly enjoyed the 200" of snow every winter and the fantastic car hooding/ice fishing/hunting opportunities. what I'd give for a finish pastie or a smelt hero!

butttttt.....I now thoroughly enjoy even more riding 360 days/year!

take care and good luck,

Thanks, I'll take you up on the offer of a reference photo,  One of the previous owners of my bike had removed all of the FXE stuff and installed almost all FLH parts, wide glide, fenders and 5 gal tanks.  I like the FLH look but I think I will start looking for a narrow glide and super glide rear fender.
Thanks again.
1976 FXE