May 09, 2024, 06:25:39 AM

News:

127'' Cam choice

Started by calvi94hd, September 06, 2016, 02:19:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calvi94hd

127'' Merch cam change, not sure what to go with running woods w6hf now, will be changing heads and bumping compression to 11.5!

turboprop

RedShift 647 thrives in that environment and is very easy on the valve train.
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

wfolarry

That 647 is a nice cam. Ran one in a 100" Fatso & it performed the best out of all the cams I tried. Still have it sitting on the shelf.

calvi94hd

Looks like a pretty good cam hadn't even looked at those, i have considered a woods w62? or v-thunder 5025. Street riddin bike/ go to the strip once in awhile

calvi94hd

Can i get away with 11.5 compression with the 647?

westcomb

The 647 red shift should make around 200 PSI with 11.5:1 in your 127  :up: ............

Leinweber E-7 looks like a pretty sweet cam as well ...........  :wink:

turboprop

Quote from: calvi94hd on September 07, 2016, 05:02:14 AM
Can i get away with 11.5 compression with the 647?

I am running it in a carb'd 124 with 12:1 compression. Love it.

calvi94hd

September 07, 2016, 07:10:47 AM #7 Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 09:08:24 AM by calvi94hd
what cylinder psi does it end up being? No pinging?

turboprop

Quote from: calvi94hd on September 07, 2016, 07:10:47 AM
what cylinder psi does end up being? No pinging?

205 lbs ccp, light bike (naked FXR), big gears, works very well, pump 93 octane gas,

calvi94hd

Have you dyno'd it, numbers?

turboprop

I have not dyno'd it yet. Still breaking it in. Runs like a beast. Will break the rear tire loose at will, at any speed, in 1st through 4th gear. Software modeling estimates the RWP to be 160 at 6,200 RPM. Not sure how accurate the software is and I have not come close to squeezing it hard, but dam. This is a lot of fun. I really like the RedShift 647. Very quite, and in other bikes it would slam the rev limiter pretty hard at 6,700 rpm with an almost linear power curve. Easy to launch, great street manners, my wife used to ride on that bike. She called it my angry bike.

calvi94hd

I have never had this setup on a dyno and it is in a 94 e-glide stripped down bike is about 720lbs. 3.49 gearing, enclosed belt drive, chain rear, belt didn't like the drag strip. I am very happy with the way it runs as usual ride for a season and i want more! Setup now 127'' merch 1.94int. 1.65ext. mild port on heads, 10.91 comp. w6hf cam, S&S super G, TJ, bored to 50mm, da vinci big booster, custom pipes 2.125- 2.25-2.5 into dual supertrapps. Runs right off of the bottom til rev limiter(6500) just want to make the right move when i put the new heads on and bump the compression! Sounds like that cam works very well gonna have to consider it!   New heads are billet cnc ported 2.080int/1.75ext. 90cc chamber hoping for big gains.

westcomb

What are the new heads? ............ you said Billet are you running Zippers heads?

calvi94hd

I wish!!! Powerhouse114 heads, have to do a little work to make them fit!

speed limit

If it don`t scare you, It ain`t fast enough.

calvi94hd

What compression are you running that at?

speed limit

If it don`t scare you, It ain`t fast enough.

calvi94hd

westcomb

Quote from: calvi94hd on September 07, 2016, 12:20:54 PM
I wish!!! Powerhouse114 heads, have to do a little work to make them fit!
I've got a set of those heads too! ........... little work and those will work ........ I think I would slug the old holes and weld the ends than re drill the right pattern  :up:

I have been told 280 CFM on the intakes as made from the powerhouse 114 heads ......... little blending with a sand paper role should add a few CFM as well ......... what you doing for a intake?

I found a set of Zippers magnum dual carb heads early this year when I just did not have the extra cash ....... don't think he sold them .......  :emsad: ......... You do know the Merch and ultima 120 - 131 motors share the same head bolt pattern ......... just thought I would add that!

calvi94hd

Thought about going dual carb and building my own but, i'm going to try a single Super D first, guy on ebay has intakes and flanges but way over priced might just buy flanges from him and modify one of my S&S intakes! As far as the Zippers heads haven't got the cash right now to do anymore than what i got!

westcomb

Yeah I know about the Ebay intakes ......... he has everything to build lots of the 114 powerhouse motors ......... I would buy a intake but for that price I'll make intake flanges and find a intake to make work!  :teeth:

Let me know how it works out for you!

calvi94hd

Westcomb what are you putting your powerhouse heads on?

westcomb

Quote from: calvi94hd on September 08, 2016, 01:37:20 PM
Westcomb what are you putting your powerhouse heads on?
Nothing yet? ......... I bought them like 5 years ago and there just sitting in the box on a shelf ........ I been thinking of building a turbo motor and using those tho?

I guess for the cost of them I just felt I should have a set!  :smilep: .......... I'm sure if I called axtell I could get a set of Iron cylinders for that bolt pattern or just like I said plug the old holes and re cut the bolt pattern to fit something else?