May 02, 2024, 04:47:29 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Interesting looking at the SE cams in the P&A catalog

Started by rich1, September 07, 2016, 04:21:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rich1

They list one as a torque cam and the other as a power cam. The torque cam is said to make 5% more torque at the very bottom and 14% more torque at 4500 rpm. It makes more power than the power cam up to 3500.  Sounds like an ideal bagger cam. The other thing I find interesting is this gain is evidently with the stock air cleaner and mufflers. Maybe they actually work pretty well in stock form.

rigidthumper

Found this on another forum. It show the 107 with SE filter and SE slip-ons.
[smg id=2851]
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

koko3052

rich1

Quote from: rigidthumper on September 07, 2016, 05:12:37 AM
[smg id=2851]

Good find. Thanks. Looks like the torque cam is the way to go.

Nastytls

I wonder why they didn't use the TTS tuner for the "power" cam but they did for the "torque" cam.

Herko

From the looks of torque curve (~~~~~), there is certainly more power available with a thorough tune.
But, to the tuners defense, he may not have the needed tables available to him with the early M8 iteration of TTS.
Considering a power upgrade?
First and foremost, focus on your tuning plan.

PoorUB

Quote from: Nastytls on September 07, 2016, 09:16:06 AM
I wonder why they didn't use the TTS tuner for the "power" cam but they did for the "torque" cam.

My bet they did, but just did not write it down in the notes.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

rigidthumper

They did.  Remember that these are done with stock headpipe with cat converter in place.  Good exhaust and the curves smooth out.

Don D

September 08, 2016, 06:06:45 AM #8 Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 08:55:23 AM by HD Street Performance
You can gain 10 or so ft lbs by giving it a proper afr table.
Richen the 14.5 higher load areas and lean the 11.8 areas to a more appropriate value like 13.0 to start.

rigidthumper

Found on the same site- this is the 107 to 114 stg 3 kit SE Legal

[smg id=2852]

ultraswede

Remains to be seen at witch AFR this new combustion technology produce best Tq/Hp.
No reason to Believe it would be the same as a TC bath tub combustion chamber.

Don D

PV already has ability to tune them from what I gather and guys have already done this.

Herko

Quote from: rigidthumper on September 07, 2016, 02:37:55 PM
They did.  Remember that these are done with stock headpipe with cat converter in place. Good exhaust and the curves smooth out.

So, with regard to "...Good exhaust and the curves smooth out." it appears the M8 OE exhaust can be considered a good exhaust??
(as shown here):

Just curious.

Graph courtesy of Fuelmoto via http://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php/topic,93307.0.html
Considering a power upgrade?
First and foremost, focus on your tuning plan.

rigidthumper

That's a completely stock as received bike- looks like it works OK for stock EPA application.