May 01, 2024, 11:20:18 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Exhaust, LSR, Spyder

Started by -SeabrookTrickBagger, April 17, 2009, 10:03:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

-SeabrookTrickBagger

Has anyone tried, tested or otherwise heard the RB Racing Spyder exhaust, 2 into 1?

Wondering about performance on bigger street engines as well as how loud it is compared to the Black Hole and the other one a few guys on this board run which is pretty loud.  Torque dip?  Doggy down low? 

TIA.
Seabrook

ThumperDeuce

My Deuce is going in today to replace a pro-pipe with a LSR 2-1 "B" pipe with a 2" head pipe.  I'll report on the results in a couple of weeks.
Idiots are fun, no wonder every village wants one.

-SeabrookTrickBagger

Sure wish someone had a Spyder to add to the mix, Thumper.  Supposedly, the spyder is a little bit quieter than the LSR and not as quite as the black hole.  I do need a 2" header on my engine since I am running 1 3/4" OD at present.  RB Racing is quite proud of the Spyder collector and muffler combo it seems.

Thumper, why did you choose the LSR and not the Spyder?
Seabrook

ThumperDeuce

The problem with running a 107" is that it seems to me to be too big for the standard pipes and too small for the big ones.  I ordered this pipe as a 2" in anticipation of building the engine bigger next year otherwise I would have gotten the 1 7/8" one.  I am expecting to loose a little on the bottom and gaining a little on the top.  We'll see.  From the advertising I didn't want a quiet street pipe like the Spyder because I figured regardless of what they say it had to be more restrictive.  The challenge pipe does not have any baffles but I at least want a chance to get through town without a ticket if I keep the rev's down.  I figured the LSR would be a good compromise between the two.  I like a pipe that I can can hear, although this one may get me to start using ear plugs again we'll see.  It is kind of a crap shoot as they don't post any dyno info on their site.  Their customer service is as has been described here before.  The pipe took between 9 and 10 weeks to arrive from the time I ordered it, which is the time frame that they said it would take.  It looks like a good quality pipe.  Let's see how it tunes.

fuzznut5197

QuoteI ordered this pipe as a 2" in anticipation of building the engine bigger next year otherwise I would have gotten the 1 7/8" one.

I hit 157 hp with my 1 7/8" pipe, I don't think it's too small (124").

ThumperDeuce

I was talking about 1 3/4" pipes like the pro-pipe I've got on it now.  Kind of makes me wonder what you would be getting with a 2" pipe though.

-SeabrookTrickBagger

Quote from: ThumperDeuce on April 17, 2009, 03:14:39 PM
The problem with running a 107" is that it seems to me to be too big for the standard pipes and too small for the big ones. 

From the advertising I didn't want a quiet street pipe like the Spyder because I figured regardless of what they say it had to be more restrictive.  The challenge pipe does not have any baffles but I at least want a chance to get through town without a ticket if I keep the rev's down.  I figured the LSR would be a good compromise between the two.  Let's see how it tunes.

My general thoughts too. 

I have adapted SuperTrapp discs to a few pipe combos such as Burns, and Bassani power curve duals.  I could do that on the LSR for long trips and take the discs off in town or use an open end cap.  ........ playing with that idea.

If you look at the Spyder collector, it looks the same as his comp collector which is different than his LSR collectors. I speculated that maybe he thought this collector (Spyder) was his future pipe design and maybe the LSR would be phased out.  However, his Spyder has been out for awhile now and the LSR is still going strong.

Seabrook