Coolant Reservoir in Right Hand Fairing Lower

Started by twincamzz, September 13, 2016, 02:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twincamzz

Last night I popped the cover off my right hand fairing lower of my 2017 FLHTKL to check out the coolant reservoir, etc. Noticed there is a "C" shaped bracket attached to the reservoir that appears to be made to hold the coolant fill hose away from the fairing so no rubbing occurs. On my motorcycle the coolant fill hose was not secured to this bracket and it was rubbing on part of fairing lower. Quick fix with a wire tie to secure hose to bracket and no more rubbing. Looked at a parts breakdown here of a 2016 twin cooled motor since there were no 2017's listed & there does not appear to be anything securing hose to bracket but I don't see how it could hurt : http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/ronnies/showmodel.asp?Type=13&make=hdmc&a=1133&b=6&c=0&d=2016%20FLHTKL%20ULTRA%20LIMITED%20LOW%20(KKL)%20RADIATOR%20W/%20HOSES%20AND%20BOTTLE

What do y'all think ... Did someone miss something on the line at factory by not securing this hose to bracket ?  Might want to check yours to see if hose was rubbing like mine was.
not all who wander are lost...

glens

twincamzz

Thanks for the parts catalog...will definitely come in handy !!
not all who wander are lost...