May 09, 2024, 09:11:00 AM

News:

2014 FLHX ?

Started by calif phil, September 14, 2016, 10:51:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

calif phil

I have a '14 Streetglide with the factory 4.5 stock radio.  I also have a new Nolan helmet with speakers and a boom mic.   What can I do to be able to answer emergency phone calls through my helmet?
I don't care if it's corded or bluetooth. 

UltraNutZ

Phil to my knowledge the only way to do this is still by using the HD 7 pin connector kit and a wired headset.

Communications Kit 69200865
Headset - 76000145 - 1/2 helmet or 77117-10 full helmet
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

calif phil

Thanks   I am going to order that kit.     :up: :up:

calif phil

I got that kit installed.  Decided to drill a hole in the dash instead of the cheesy stick on bracket that came with the kit.  I ordered a new Nolan N104 with the boom mic and speakers installed.   I made a test phone call at 75 mph and the receiver had no idea I was riding. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calif phil

Dash

FSG

Ohio HD

You young kids and yer modern gadgets!

Nice job!  :teeth:

TXChop

Not sure if you or anyone reading was aware, but make sure the radio is up to date. Harley has had a bunch of software update since 2014. Simple to do from the HD website. I just updated a few 2014 and the guys swear the radio sounds much better, even guys with amps are happier.

Tommy D

Quote from: TXCHOP on October 19, 2016, 05:34:29 AM
Not sure if you or anyone reading was aware, but make sure the radio is up to date. Harley has had a bunch of software update since 2014. Simple to do from the HD website. I just updated a few 2014 and the guys swear the radio sounds much better, even guys with amps are happier.

Good catch  :up:
Acts 4:12

glens

Well, the update for the 6.5 as of some time in August makes it so I have to most times at night get into the setup/display/brightness screen and deselect then reselect "automatic" mode.  The screen goes full brightness then just stays that way if I start the engine before the radio fully boots up.  Not every time, only most.  Rather annoying at night.

PoorUB

I never thought I would want to use my phone while riding but I have tried it, and like it. I was on a trip a couple weeks ago and visited with my wife several times via Bluetooth and the HD Boom radio. Gonenorth and I were riding together and even though we have CB radios that we normally use there was an instance in road construction and heavy stop and go traffic that I just called him and we talked over the phone what our options were to get back on route. It was much easier than dealing with the "push to talk button" riding in the traffic, running the throttle.

Equally, I had customers call in and just ignored the calls. It is a nice set up and I was surprised that there was no road noise and the calls were clear.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!