May 04, 2024, 02:51:28 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Whats the biggest set of jugs that can be dropped in he M8 cases without boring?

Started by Masterblaster, September 14, 2016, 05:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Masterblaster

Just what the title says, without long crank or boring cases what are the biggest jugs that will physically fit in the spigot holes?

Latrobedyna

i be willing to bet the factory big bore jugs are it at least for a while.
2006 FXDB , 95" 57H +4% cam, 10:25 pistons: Ported head's. Lots a fun

Nastytls

The aftermarket usually goes bigger than what the factory does i.e. 107" vs. 103" twin cams. Fuel Moto already has a set of big bore jugs made but they haven't disclosed the size of them.

It wil be interesting to see if the factory makes another of their big bores with the hardened steel liners similar to the 110/117 kits to get max CI out of these without case boring. I wonder how many CI they could get up to then....

ready2ride

With the 4.5 flywheels and the 4.075 big bore making it 117 is easy, the spigot bore on the jugs have a really thick wall so I'm guessing if you can bore twin cam to only having left .065 wall left then I'm sure there's a bore of 4.125 in the big bore stage 3 jugs making a 120ci

The fuel moto is same as se 4.075 jugs
i want a flatknuckpanshovevotwinster glider

N-gin

Quote from: ready2ride on September 15, 2016, 05:57:52 PM
With the 4.5 flywheels and the 4.075 big bore making it 117 is easy, the spigot bore on the jugs have a really thick wall so I'm guessing if you can bore twin cam to only having left .065 wall left then I'm sure there's a bore of 4.125 in the big bore stage 3 jugs making a 120ci

The fuel moto is same as se 4.075 jugs

Im wondering about the spigot, and how far down the piston goes. The twin the rings don't enter the spigot, and the piston skirt isn't putting all that much presure on it. So it's been descended. Wonder if the M8 is the same.
I'm not here cause of a path before me, Im here cause of the burnout left behind

koko3052

Easy enough to determine if you have piston measurement & cyl. length.

bluerim

The screaming eagle catalogue says the 107's can go to 114. The 114 (different crank than the 107  and only available on the CVO's  can go to 117. If I remember correctly.

yobtaf103

See that Suburban Motors piston page, " Coming Soon 120/124" jugs/pistons M8

Tattoo

Quote from: bluerim on September 18, 2016, 07:56:07 PM
The screaming eagle catalogue says the 107's can go to 114. The 114 (different crank than the 107  and only available on the CVO's  can go to 117. If I remember correctly.

you are correct...
"You can have anything you want
But you better not take it from me"

hd06

Jako1

Nuff Said," Were Burnin Daylight, Lets Ride", {Sober 29 years}And Proud

DTTJGlide

I got info on another forum that the stock 107 spigot is 4.269 allowing it to go to 117ci with a 4.125 piston, several already available, with a wall thickness of about .070. The SE cylinders are 4.346 & Suburban already has a Mahle kit available @ 4.185 giving it a wall thickness of about .079 @ 120ci. They have the same size piston coming for the CVO 4.5 stroke motors that will make it into a 124, it is listed as coming soon. Both of those wall thickness figures are greater than the wall thickness on 107 TC cylinders which is just under .060. I doubt anyone will go to steel liner cylinders if you can go this large with HD cylinders already available. Should make for some pretty reasonable hotrod  motors! :chop:

Hillside Motorcycle

Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

Smarty

If I remember correctly, at the Tucker Rocky show in Frisco, Steve Cole with TTS had a set of cylinders ready to go to take the 114 to 124 and the sleeves were ultra thick. Don't remember the specs but he had two set sitting there. Steve can give you the low down but looked like it's very easy to go big.
Suspended by Smarty
Carol Burks

TorQuePimp

ready2ride

i want a flatknuckpanshovevotwinster glider

joe_lyons

Wiseco has new pistons and cometic is dropping in advanced sleeves for a 114-> 127 setup and looking at going bigger.
Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901