Anyone have the 2017 touring service manual?

Started by les, September 15, 2016, 05:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tattoo

Quote from: les on September 22, 2016, 10:20:39 AM
Idea...   Someone should start a post for folks to post their runouts as they go into the cam chest.  Then we can compare to what's typically found with the twin cams.

or we should start a post on how many have failed.  I will go first...  4 in the 17 years I have been at this dealership with over 500 units sold each year.  :wink:
"You can have anything you want
But you better not take it from me"

PoorUB

Quote from: Lucky Pete on September 17, 2016, 07:09:31 PM
Maybe we need to cut the MoCo a little slack here

Cant be too many vehicle manufacturers that even release factory service manuals at this level of detail to retail customers? Do the car guys? Japanese manufacturers?

I have bought factory service manuals for a couple of the cars I have owned. No problem getting them at all. You just need to know where to go. GM has a web site to order manuals, I forget where, but I have a buddy that works parts at a dealer that hooked me up.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

PoorUB

Quote from: Tattoo on September 22, 2016, 11:58:56 AM
Quote from: les on September 22, 2016, 10:20:39 AM
Idea...   Someone should start a post for folks to post their runouts as they go into the cam chest.  Then we can compare to what's typically found with the twin cams.

or we should start a post on how many have failed.  I will go first...  4 in the 17 years I have been at this dealership with over 500 units sold each year.  :wink:

That can not be true!! We all know that HD builds crankshafts out of silly putty and the majority of them fail! :potstir: :hyst:
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

SLAATY

GM has phased out manuals for the most part. Home is now a monitor and keyboard, so the online manual is updated as soon as the glitch is verified.

I agree Harley should provide updates to consumers. If they can't / won't reach us individually, we should have the authority to request data from our svc. dept's.

We pay for the info, and as such have a right to the most current updates.