May 08, 2024, 02:17:20 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

What's the cost of HD dino 20w50?

Started by Flhfxd, September 16, 2016, 03:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flhfxd

What do you pay for a 4 quart jug of 20w50 in the good ole USA?
"And the road goes on forever...... But I got one more silver dollar.....'

shovelinabox

Oh no! It's the beginnings of an  :oil: thread..  :fish:
I cant decide if I want to ride to work or call in sick and ride all day...

Flhfxd

No no I swear!!! Definitely not!!! It's a thread about how much $$$ we get ripped off here in the great white North!! AKA - Canada.
I stopped going to the dealers about 2 years ago when the cost of 4 quarts and a filter got north of $60 so I'm curious what a jug costs south of the 49th.

Wicked

September 16, 2016, 04:10:43 PM #3 Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 05:05:31 PM by Wicked
Not the USA but $38.95 + 15%tax of hard earned Nova Scotia Cdn dollars = $44.79/4liter jug!!

mod to say......  I'm still able to receive and sell moco oil at what they charge provided I order in advance....  (lucky I guess for my customers).  And I use and sell only "Drag" filters....

Panzer

I can buy dino oil in a 5 qt. jug at Wally World for about $15.00, some cheaper.
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

Wicked

Quote from: Panzer on September 16, 2016, 05:30:44 PM
I can buy dino oil in a 5 qt. jug at Wally World for about $15.00, some cheaper.
So can I.  However I have many customers that want the HD brand.....    I also stock the Amsoil and Maxima brands brands for those that aint struck on HD....   

nibroc

5 gal. kubota super udt over $100 coming from japan.... :turd:

Flhfxd

Great. But the question was, what is the cost of HD dino 20w50 at a Harley dealer? I'm just curious as to the dollar cost. If it's not outrageous, I can zip across the border and pick some up. Today I purchased a 5 liter jug of Castrol 20w50 at Canadian Tire for $29 CDN, that's about $22 US. How does that compare?
Thx for the help.

Tynker

Quote from: Flhfxd on September 16, 2016, 06:33:48 PM
Great. But the question was, what is the cost of HD dino 20w50 at a Harley dealer? I'm just curious as to the dollar cost. If it's not outrageous, I can zip across the border and pick some up. Today I purchased a 5 liter jug of Castrol 20w50 at Canadian Tire for $29 CDN, that's about $22 US. How does that compare?
Thx for the help.
Here in Texas, Castrol GTX 20/50 cost about 13.00 for 5 qt.jug, plus 8% TAX.
Earl "Tynker" Riviere

Flhfxd

Breeze

Sometimes the simplest questions, take longest to get a simple answer.  :nix:
I'm starting to believe my body is gonna outlast my mind.

Hossamania

Quote from: Breeze on September 17, 2016, 05:55:53 AM
Sometimes the simplest questions, take longest to get a simple answer.  :nix:

What I was thinking....
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

02roadcling

Ask your brainwashed customers if they buy Ford, Chev, Dodge, Toyota, Honda, Toyota, etc, etc, motor oil for their trucks and cars. If they say yes then roll your eyes and ask them where you can find a (insert their brand) gas station.

cling
02roadcling
NW corner of Washington

88b

In the UK it's about $90 US for 4 quarts and a chrome filter add about 30% if you want Syn 3

bigfoot5x

OK...2015 Harley Parts catalog: Syn3 @ 12.95/Qt and $48.95/Gal. Didn't know it was sold by the gal. Regular Harley "HD 360" motor oil 20W50 @ 7.49/QT and $29.95 per Gal. Not sure of today's price since I have been using other brands recently. My dealer used to give a 10% discount for HOG members but changed the program slightly and now we can get up to a 15% discount. Around here, the discount is makes the cost very close to Mobil 1 but still slightly higher.

Y2KRKNG

Quote from: Flhfxd on September 16, 2016, 04:07:59 PM
No no I swear!!! Definitely not!!! It's a thread about how much $$$ we get ripped off here in the great white North!! AKA - Canada.
I stopped going to the dealers about 2 years ago when the cost of 4 quarts and a filter got north of $60 so I'm curious what a jug costs south of the 49th.
You threw the pebble down the Snowy Mountain what happens next is beyond your control
ATP(TurboHarry)95",Mik45,Branch/Mik "Flowmetric" heads,TW55,T.Header 2-1

mr. pitts

You say that you could zip across the border to get some oil. Well, what you COULD do, was email the dealers in your zip across radius & ask them their price. Factor in the gas money & work out if it's worthwhile making the journey. :idunno: :oil:

bigfoot5x

Good idea about checking prices. Have laughed at women that shop all the grocery ads for years. They drive all over town to save a few cents on dish soap and do not realize they spent twice the savings in gas.

Hossamania

I charge myself $25 an hour. Saves me a lot of time running around to save $4.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.